Surefire E1B and E2D LED

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay - I'm seriously hooked. In just over a month I've acquired an Olight M20 Warrior Premium, Olight M30 Triton, Fenix L1D Q5 (great little light) and ordered yesterday an Eagletac M2XC4 'cool'.

So far, I use the Fenix as my EDC - the M30 is my chosen dog walking light (does a GREAT job with spot and spill) and the M20 doesn't see a lot of action, but I'm happy it's there..... :)

I think the M2XC4 will see regular use as a dog light.

Question - what is it about the Surefires that makes them so much pricier than the other lights? I'm interested in the NRA version of the E2D LED and the E1B as a supplemental carry light. Obvious answers would be 'quality of build, features, etc.,' but I'm still to new at this to understand why the Surefire E1B costs 3 times what the little Fenix L1D costs.

Just trying to learn

Thanks!
:twothumbs

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
Quality products, no-hassle warranty, great customer service, US labor rates for design, engineering, and building, and in the end they will charge what the market will bare.

By the way, this topic comes up nearly weekly.

LA OZ

Enlightened
I have them both. One word....Perfect. Most flashaholic appreciates quality and enjoys the sophistication that go into making those torches - its function and purpose.
If there is one torch to take with me in life and death situation, it will be my E2D. As for simplicity and easy to carry, it will be my Novatac.

Last edited:

H2Orower

Enlightened
The Surefire E1B and E2DL are probably my two most favorite lights. I highly recommend them.

As for whether they're worth the price, that's an understandable question. I believe they absolutely are, but only you can decide for sure. Get yourself an E2DL and chances are that you'll be hooked like the rest of us.