What happened to Novatac ?!

ragingspeed

Newly Enlightened
Am crazy to own a Novatac EDC-120P to add to my LED's collection, but cannot find an online seller selling Novatac. Some say "out of stock" some say "closeout" some even emailed me telling me that "Novatac are having serious delivery problems" ... can anyone advise me what's happening at Novatac please? Thanks in advance

gsxrac

Enlightened
Try the marketplace? And I dont know wether theyre having problems or not?

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lighthound, Bright Guy and Battery Junction all list some NovaTac models in stock.

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
MattK (on CPF) has them available in olive anodizing on his website ==> http://www.batteryjunction.com/120p-o.html also, http://www.batteryjunction.com/novatac.html

the black version is out of stock, but the olive version is still showing as available.

Lighthound.com ( http://www.lighthound.com/search.asp?keyword=novatac&search=GO ) and BrightGuy.com ( http://www.brightguy.com/results.ph...h=novatac&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0&Submit=Submit )have some of the NovaTac models at this point in time.

keep in mind that both the vanilla -E version and the -T version have a well known firmware "backdoor" that allows them to become a -P version. i've done this with both of my -E and -T lights and they now function identical to my -P lights.

so, if you can't get a -P version, or you want to save 30 or 40 bucks (or more), get a vanilla -E version or the -T version and use the firmware backdoor to convert it into a -P version.

i did this a while ago, and my "old-timers" is actin' up right 'bout now, so i can't remember if i had to click the light 250 times or 500 times to enter the firmware backdoor. i seem to recall that it was only 250 clicks, but someone will correct me i'm sure (and i welcome such correction please) if i'm not recalling correctly.

Last edited:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only ordered a Novatac from Lighthound today - shipped already! But as everyone was saying, also available at other well known Flashlight suppliers!

Go get one...

ragingspeed

Newly Enlightened
dear all ... sorry for my late reply but was away ... thanks a million for all your help ... I'm currently trying my best using all your suggestions ! :) maybe someday I'll be a happy owner of a Novatac and add it to my single 123's LED collections

Ecko

Newly Enlightened
This thread just reminded me, wasn't Novatac supposed to be coming out with some new lights this year? What ever happened with that?

null

Newly Enlightened
This thread just reminded me, wasn't Novatac supposed to be coming out with some new lights this year? What ever happened with that?

Maybe they're following Surefire's lead. :crackup:

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are going to make a 2 AA body soon, was advised in an email!

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's 250 clicks to get into the 'backdoor'. Novatac was supposed to come out with the Storm model and some others last December 2008. That delivery date has been bumped into the future about every month to the point you have to wonder if it's just 'Vaporware'. It's ridiculous but as others have said the original models are still around and can be found fairly cheap at times on CPF Marketplace as well as the dealers mentioned. I can't think of any reason to buy a 'P' model at this point since they can all be reprogrammed to be the same as the 'P'. Save yourself some $$'s.

bestcounsel

Enlightened
i thought about buying a novatac and even called them when i was in San Diego....got a voice mail, left a message and never got a returned call.

Surefire it is...

Patriot

Flashaholic
i thought about buying a novatac and even called them when i was in San Diego....got a voice mail, left a message and never got a returned call.

Surefire it is...

Nah..... Surefire just doesn't answer email. They do answer the phone if you don't mind waiting. :grin2: