What is the brightest multi led flashlight?

mag623

Newly Enlightened
A p7 flashlight is one of the brightest single led flashlights. Is there a multi led flashlight that can beat the p7 in lumen output? I know people have started threads about this before but they were posted around 2001. What is currently the flashlight with the most lumens regardless of wether it's single led or multi led. One more question, what is currently the led flashlight with the best throw?

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
A p7 flashlight is one of the brightest single led flashlights. Is there a multi led flashlight that can beat the p7 in lumen output? I know people have started threads about this before but they were posted around 2001. What is currently the flashlight with the most lumens regardless of wether it's single led or multi led. One more question, what is currently the led flashlight with the best throw?

You can find multi P7/MC-E led flashlights and there are also build with more than 3 single leds (3 single leds is about the same as one quad led).

mag623

Newly Enlightened
Would I have to make the flashlight my self if I wanted multi p7s?

Last edited:

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Assuming you want to stick to non-customs and LEDs:

Wolf Eyes SuperStorm is probably the brightest, with 7 R2s and around 1450 emitter lumens. The smaller 3xXR-E Q5 EagleTac M2XC4 is also brighter than most quad-dies, at around 800 lumens.

Best throwing is Saabluster's DEFT (but that's a semi-custom). Best with a reflector and single die LED is the Tiablo A10. I'm not sure about furthest throwing quad-die LED with a reflector... probably JETBeam M1X or Neofab Legion II.

However, since you have very few posts, I'd like to quickly point out something: a 2D Maglite starts at around 40 lumens and after 5 minutes runs at 20 lumens for the rated runtime. If that's what you're used to, the XR-E + 2xCR123A standard 200-250 lumens would blow you away.

On the flip side, if you know you need lumens or throw, LEDs still can't top incan hotwires or HIDs in either area. Your namesake is a prime example of that, but for runtime you can consider hooking up 3 larger li-ion cells to a WA1185 for around 1000 OTF lumens and decent runtime (50m with 3xC, 35 with 3x18650). Or if you don't mind startup times consider HIDs for the best efficiency while over 1000 lumens.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is the Wiseled multi emitter model that boasts 1800 lumens. they have a website, I have seen it, not reposting it though. That is a factory light you can just go buy.

There are now triple P7 drop in modules being sold, I will be testing one in the dark secret laboratory bunker tonight as a matter O fact. :naughty:

Its supposed to only have 2100 lumens. :cool: Runs on this new battery called 115VAC outlet (never heard of that anybody know what that is???):whistle:

I will be publishing the megadata hopefully before midnight.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I recall seeing a multi Seoul P7 Ultrafire. There are also multi LED drop-ins (Maglite) and a few multi LED lights. Look at the above threads from ther other posters.

A Seoul P7 has 4 dies, so in my mind, it is already a multi LED light, except the LED is together in a single package.

WindsurfMaui

Newly Enlightened
I think it is time to update this thread again. What is the brightest multi-LED flashlight. I am seeing some multi-XM-L2 lights powered by multi-26650's. I haven't seen any multi-MT-G2 flashlights yet.

1jono

Newly Enlightened
I received only yesterday a Thrunite TN36 which Selfbuilt measured at 6,800 lumens.
3 x MK-R LED's with a pure flood beam with no discernible hotspot.
I love it so far and at £142 in the UK I think it's a steal!

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
I received only yesterday a Thrunite TN36 which Selfbuilt measured at 6,800 lumens.
3 x MK-R LED's with a pure flood beam with no discernible hotspot.
I love it so far and at £142 in the UK I think is steal!

I'm considering this one in a neutral white.

Amelia

Enlightened
EagleTac MX25L4C does almost 5.000 lumens in a stock light. Wonder what the modding possibilities are! :)

1jono

Newly Enlightened
I'm considering this one in a neutral white.

If you like pure flood beams you will love it.
The output is insane for its size (Think can of Coke) but it does get very hot on turbo!(Great hand warmer for the Winter months!)
I went for cool white but have read the neutral tint is really nice.

markr6

Flashaholic
The output is insane for its size (Think can of Coke) but it does get very hot on turbo!(Great hand warmer for the Winter months!)

That's what selfbuilt was saying in his review. Not sure I like that, but how many minutes are we talking? I would probably only use that turbo mode for a minute or two at a time.

1jono

Newly Enlightened
You would be fine running it for a minute or two on turbo.Between 5 and 10 minutes it starts to get really hot although ambient temperature plays a big part too.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Highest lumen unmodified light?

Acebeam X60m (triple MTG2): 10,000 lumens
Noctigon Meteor M43 (12*dedomed XPL): 8,000 lumens

the Acebeam should be brighter and throw better, but the Noctigon is enormously more compact.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Highest lumen unmodified light?

Acebeam X60m (triple MTG2): 10,000 lumens
[snip]
10,000 lumens? Sounds great, but what kind of lumens? Itty-bitty ones?

Vinh can amp up the X60M to 8,400 lumens, so the stock X60M is probably closer to 7,800 lumens, or less, IMHO. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Searchlight&p=4545786&viewfull=1#post4545786

One day, someone will authoritatively post somewhere on the internet, how many ANSI lumens the stock X60M really is. Then we will really know.
[h=2][/h]

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Highest contenders that I am aware of.

FourSevens XM18 at 15k lumens. Imagine that modded...
Elektrolumens Kong 12 and 21, 12k and 21k lumens.