Won a Fenix P3D Olive Off Ebay

Albinoni

Banned
Hi all here, well I bidded on a brand new Fenix P3D Olive Colour on Ebay Australia, not expecting to win it, but luck struck and I won it for AU$60 which in Australia is a bargain, because I've priced these torches in the Army Surplus Store and they are selling these for over $130.00

This is my 2nd Fenix Torch after my P1D Q5 Cree.

Questions

1. Whats your view on the P3D, is it a good torch and would you reccomend
it ?

2. Is it brighter than the P1D on Turbo Mode ?

3. Apart from using 2xCR123 Batts do I have any other choice ?

4. Is it waterproof to IPX 8 ?

5. Does it have circuit protection just incase I reverse the batts :sssh:

Well I am looking forward to my new Olive P3D but I will promise not to shine it in people's eyes.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Most of those questions are posted on the product page. Did you even look at it? The rest of your questions can be pasted directly into the Google search.

Albinoni

Banned
Most of those questions are posted on the product page. Did you even look at it? The rest of your questions can be pasted directly into the Google search.

Yes I did but as far as I know I think Fenix bought out a few versions of the P3D, earlier and newer and as far as I know mine is the newer one with the Cree Q5 emitter which also does 185 Lumens on Turbo Mode and 33 days survival.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Yes I did but as far as I know I think Fenix bought out a few versions of the P3D, earlier and newer and as far as I know mine is the newer one with the Cree Q5 emitter which also does 185 Lumens on Turbo Mode and 33 days survival.

:shakehead
That answers my question. No you didn't bother to look at the specs at all.

Helmut.G

Enlightened
Questions

1. Whats your view on the P3D, is it a good torch and would you reccomend it ?
Definitely.

2. Is it brighter than the P1D on Turbo Mode ?
Yes, if it's a "premium" version (Cree Q5 or Rebel 100) or a recent non-premium one.

3. Apart from using 2xCR123 Batts do I have any other choice ?
any lithium chemistry rechargeable CR123-sized batteries will work well.

4. Is it waterproof to IPX 8 ?
Mine survived a runtime test in the basin without any water getting in.

5. Does it have circuit protection just incase I reverse the batts :sssh:
No it hasn't so pay attention changing the batteries.

Congrats on getting a great flashlight :thumbsup: You'll like it.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Spec sheet for all the P3Ds are the same except for output and coating color from what I've seen. They all also say waterproof to IPX-8, look at the spec sheet from Fenix themselves.

The P3D has been recommended a lot, so it's a good light and I think you'll like it.

There is no reverse battery protection.

Output on Turbo should be more, and it has also been tested up to 16v.

If you don't know, a Li-ion battery is 3.7v, and charges to 4.2v when full, when batteries are stacked like in most lights they are in series and you add the voltage. That mean with a P3D (the batteries are stacked if you haven't figured from the picture of the light yet) with 2 RCR123s will be 8.4v, so well below the tested point of 16v. A single Li-ion battery will cause the low battery warning to go because of the lower voltage. So yes, you can use batteries other then 2 CR123s as long as total voltage is between 3.7 and 16v. There, I just saved you the impossible task of typing in "P3D batteries" and clicking search.

(sorry, not having the best of days, but then google is pretty easy to use so I'd suggest it)

Patriot

Flashaholic
The questions have been answered but I'll just add that it's a fantastic little light and I think you'll be pleased. I velcro a couple of them to my helmet while mountain biking and they've performed admirably. I run them almost exclusively on AW RCR123's.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
where on the fenix spec sheet do they recommend 2xRCR123?... I think there is some element of risk using this light at 8.4V, being that the manufacturer does not openly suggest doing so.

Marduke

Flashaholic
where on the fenix spec sheet do they recommend 2xRCR123?... I think there is some element of risk using this light at 8.4V, being that the manufacturer does not openly suggest doing so.

I think I've seen somewhere that it was determined that the P3d uses a buck circuit and can take up to 12V

Yes, that was one of the questions that could have been answered with a ten second Google search.

primox1

Newly Enlightened
i just picked up the p3d ce, and have been using it on rcr123s for the past 2 weeks. it doesnt seem to have any issues. fenix doesnt expand on what battery types their lights work on, but as many of us know, we can use ni-mh and lithiums on many models. just do your research before hand to make sure.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Did you drink dill pickle juice this morning or what? :faint:

The OP has a habit of creating massive amounts of pointless threads because he is too lazy to spend 20 seconds typing his exact question directly into the search window. Sometimes he is even too lazy to look at his own old thread and creates a brand new one asking the same exact question all over again.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW !!! Sorry you paid so much for it :eek:

Fenix just had these on clearance for 22 bucks shipped :shakehead

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
The OP has a habit of creating massive amounts of pointless threads because he is too lazy to spend 20 seconds typing his exact question directly into the search window. Sometimes he is even too lazy to look at his own old thread and creates a brand new one asking the same exact question all over again.

Sounds personal :devil:

Marduke

Flashaholic
No, it wastes bandwidth and clutters the search results with junk hits. It makes it that much more difficult for other people industrious enough to attempt to find the answer to their question by themselves when they have to wade through all the crap.

sabre7

Enlightened
; said:

...waiting for new thread asking if the P3D comes in olive....

jgraham15

Enlightened
...waiting for new thread asking if the P3D comes in olive....

:laughing:

I bought a P3D for my girlfiend from 4Sevens during the sale for around $22 and it is a pretty nice flashlight. Mine is the 160 Lumen version but it is still pretty bright. It's my girlfriends first good flashlight and for $22 I don't care what she does to it or if she looses it!

Latest posts