The Perfect Flashlight??? Need Help

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'm looking for the flashlight that is best for ME.

1) It should produce more than 200 lumens.
2) Be rechargeable...and able to be left on the charger when not in use. (You can't do that with the rechargeable Dorcy or you will damage the battery)
3) Have an adjustable focus like the Maglite allowing spot or flood.

Can you help me?

Is there even a high lumen LED with the focusing lens feature allowing flood light or spot light? If necessary I could charge the batteries on a battery charger I suppose.

Gary123

Enlightened
You might check out the Coast Led Lenser P7. Although high is 167 lumens, you would not see any difference compared against a 200+ lumen light. It has a decent flood to spot adjustment, although its flood is not as floody as a dedicated floody reflectored light. Its spot is pretty decent.

If you are interested in obtaining one of these lights you can shoot me a pm.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
gary123.. led lenser has a model that can be cradle charged? thats cool. never head of that.

i thought only streamlight (stinger?), maglite (magcharger), pelican (7060 and 8060?) and inova (t4) has cradle chargers. not sure which of them allow true trickle charge.

spot to flood and adjustable focus.. well i think maglite is the only option now with cradle..

ledlensers have zoom (their best feature in my opinion). but without it. well.. in my mind there are others that are better options.

havent heard of other commonly available lights with zoom features. (but here might be something interesting coming soon from cpf nick "rmteo".)

if the zoom is not important and batteries can be charged separately too then there are many other options.

recDNA

Flashaholic

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no perfect flashlight but check out the rechargeable Inova T4. It is not a focusable beam however. It does however use a charging cradle and is very tough.

paintballdad

Enlightened
Where is the serial number on the maglite?

Check the upper end of the battery tube, it should start with a "D" followed by a series of numbers. If you want a simpler and cheaper mod, just pick up a Malkoff 2-3 D cell drop in and power it with 3 D cells. He also has pre cut reflectors available on the website. You still have the focus function even with a cut reflector. Instructions are on his website also.
It is not the cheapest option out there but if you want quality and reliability then Malkoff Devices is where its at :D.

recDNA

Flashaholic
There is no perfect flashlight but check out the rechargeable Inova T4. It is not a focusable beam however. It does however use a charging cradle and is very tough.

Without the focus I'd go for the Fenix TK40 and recharge the batteries in a charger.

mcm308

Enlightened
Well, The Streamlight Ultra Stinger has all those features, +200 lumens, leave on the charger when not in use, and has an adjustable beam.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Well, The Streamlight Ultra Stinger has all those features, +200 lumens, leave on the charger when not in use, and has an adjustable beam.

I'll google it and see what I find.

So many flashlights...so little money!

Ahh - not LED. Still, it does have all the features I want other than the really hot bulb and short bulb life

Last edited: