Lens moves in Led Lenser Police Tech Focus

evalf

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I just got a Led Lenser Police Tech Focus, I'm very happy with the built quality except for one point: the lens seems to be not completely fixed, and can be pushed about 1mm in the lamp (though it seems to spring back to the normal position when not pushed). I was wonderning if this is a normal "feature" or if I got a defective torch. Since I bought it online I haven't had the chance to compare it with other units. Could other owners of this torch tell me if they have noticed such a thing?

Thanks for your replies!

drillbritz2ov

Newly Enlightened
hello i had exactly the same problem with the ll pt focus and i am now on my third one all the rest of them had the same fault in which the frog eye lens pops out with no force at all i think its the plastic retaining ring is just not up to its job . I sent all mine back under warranty no problems the torch is really bright and well built just gotta be careful when using it .as way of saying sorry i gotta free key finder torch with my last one . You know what they say "third time lucky " fingers crossed with this one . Cliff

evalf

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your reply Cliff. Actually in mine the lens moves just a little. When you say that in the two first torch you got the lens popped out, how did it happen exactly? Does your third torch still have a lens that moves?

drillbritz2ov

Newly Enlightened
hello the first pt focus i bought the lens did move ever so slightly and i was using it to inspect the underside of a barn roof that was leaking in a torrential downpour when a big drip of water landed on the lens from about 20'high and hit the lens and popped it out . The second torch leaked when i put it in a bowl of water about 3"deep there was a big bubble of air when the seal popped and the lens just rattled about in the head, very bad design flaw but love the torch i also have the ll p 7 as well with the push and pull focus system awesome throw for such a small light shame there not regulated then it would be perfect .noticed that your a new member so welcome to the club my light count now stands at 5 and still growing all quality stuff no fluff.good night .cliff