New guy Impressed with Fenix TK-30

jimmyray

Newly Enlightened
This is only my second thread here. Last week I ordered a Fenix TA-30. It arrived last night at my door. I have been extremely impressed with the initial quality and features. I have only had experience with Sure Fire and Streamlight previously. My collection only consistes of a Sure Fire 6p and a Streamlight c4 rechargable.

I took the light outside last night and was blown away by the output. Its so much greater than the other two lights that I have. The disease has started I can tell. That is my 3rd light and now I am already looking for a 4th possibly a single cell light that is small and easy to carry.

Last edited:

jimmyray

Newly Enlightened
Sorry about that, its a TA-30 I edited the post. Thanks for picking that up. I am new at this and many of the names are confusing and new. My appologies.

jimmyray

Newly Enlightened
Nope, nothing new that I know of but this is a light I have no idea how I lived without before. My 6P is a very old model I believe I got that light around 1997ish and since then I had no desire to get anything aside from a few streamlight rechargeables. I had no idea what I was missing out on.

I will snap some pics this weekend and wanted to start a thread to report back over time and give feedback of what I thought a few weeks after initially getting the light and so on.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is only my second thread here. Last week I ordered a Fenix TA-30. It arrived last night at my door. I have been extremely impressed with the initial quality and features. I have only had experience with Sure Fire and Streamlight previously. My collection only consistes of a Sure Fire 6p and a Streamlight c4 rechargable.

I took the light outside last night and was blown away by the output. Its so much greater than the other two lights that I have. The disease has started I can tell. That is my 3rd light and now I am already looking for a 4th possibly a single cell light that is small and easy to carry.

Glad you like it jimmyray seems like you might be catching the Fenix bug like alot of us.

For your next light if you want small and single cell try a PD20. Its a heck of a little light.

khawai

Newly Enlightened
One of my friends have the TA30 in his car. Im very impressed with it aswell and i plan to get as Fenix light.

A bit off topic but does anyone know how good is the TA30 compared to the TK11 r2?

petersmith6

Enlightened
well i bit the bulit and got me a TK-30,wow this thing is realy bright...and realy hot.after 1 hour indoor run time the handle was getting reasly warm,holdable but hot non the less. i think ill use high mode sparingly.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting thread. First I wondered what did Outdoors Fanatic mean with TK30? And then Jimmyray answered: Sorry about that, its a TA-30 I edited the post...
Like it doesn't exist a TK30! I am waiting for a TK30 hopefully next week.

Then I read the date of the first posts, and realized that TK30 didn't exist at that moment! If Jimmyray became impressed with the TA30, what will he not be with TK30?... :rolleyes:

Regards, Patric

Last edited: