Surefire comes through!

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
Well just to give that much more of positive reviews for Surefires customer service I will give my short story.

I have never had to call surefire for anything and have only heard stories of it being so easy to call, tell your problem, and them trying their best to fix it.

Anyway, I have been having trouble with my E2DL tailcap where it "freezes up" and I am not be able to switch modes nor turn the light on or off. After doing the basics like the paper clip test and taking my E1b tailcap and trying it with that(worked fine) I pretty much figured it was the tailcap.

So here I am making my first call to Surefire, speak to a very nice gentleman and proceed to tell him my dilemma. He says well sir seems as though it is probably is the tailcap and we will send you one right away(asks for name and address) and if problem presists please send light in for inspection. Conversation ended with "can I help you with anything else sir" followed by me saying "No thats it and thank you very much for your help"

That is why Surefire is Surefire, not many companines are willing you send you something complety for free without even sending in the product let alone speaking to a live person and not being on hold for 30 minutes.

So when people(like my co-worker) say "you spent 120$ on THAT!"

This is why, because I know what I am paying for.

Thanks Surefire, Chris

Last edited:

xpawel18x

Newly Enlightened
I am happy to hear that. As a recent SureFire customer, it really feels good to hear stories about the great customer service of SF. :thumbsup: So far, I'm loving the E2DL. In the future, I am looking forward on getting another light from SF if they keep up the good reputaton.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once upon a time I had a problem with a Z61 tailcap, and received the same great C/S from Surefire---replacement in the mail pronto, no questions asked.

It does indeed give you a great feeling about the company.

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the exact same experience when I called Surefire with a similar problem. Super great customer service; the kind that is becoming harder to find.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a very good story, and the best part is you're not the first one to report such service.

I'm still upset about the price increases on the conversion heads and the TIR optic lights, but this helps. It is very nice to know that if you spend the money for a good light they will help make sure it stays a good working light. I really love the no hassle support if you've been able to narrow down the problem sufficiently. This is like GOLD, there are too many hassles everyday in the world, you don't need another when your just trying to get your flashlight to work.

So :twothumbs for Surefire support.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
While in Iraq, I dropped my E2L about 3.5 feet on some sandy, gritty, rocky, rapid runway repair (big thick sheets of aluminum)...it made a nice little "thud"...I picked it up to observe for damage (I had only had it about 3 days...eeek), not a scratch...went to turn it on and it worked...but ...I could tell something was wrong with the tail cap...wasn't making the "right" clicking sound...

Took it apart, and the guts of the T/C fell out...the white plastic flange that held the metal pin in, had cracked (older model E-Series t/c's???)

Anyway, got back to the states, 4 months later, and called them just yesterday, and explained EXACTLY what happened...I dropped it...plain and simple...two days later, I have a NEW E-Series tailcap, no questions asked...

And that, my friends, is ONE of the "Differences"...and why they have a customer for life...SF ROCKS!

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's good to hear.

After taking my Single-Mode E2DL swimming and getting a water leak in the tailcap I email them to see if the lights were IPX-8 rated to see if warranty would cover it. Unfortunately it did not.

However, this is good to hear because their warranty says tailcaps aren't covered. Along with bulbs.

Good to know it actually is.

THE PUNISHER

Newly Enlightened
Top notch customer service,always going out of there way to help...............:twothumbs

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's good to hear.

After taking my Single-Mode E2DL swimming and getting a water leak in the tailcap I email them to see if the lights were IPX-8 rated to see if warranty would cover it. Unfortunately it did not.

However, this is good to hear because their warranty says tailcaps aren't covered. Along with bulbs.

Good to know it actually is.

Try giving SF a call rather than emailing. I bet they will probably replace it for you.

-Robert

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought an L series (on MP) without the plastic lanyard ring. Emailed SF, new lanyard ring arrived before light did.

That's probably the only thing they would cover for me - because all the rest of my SFs have been modded / upgraded. BUT - given how robust they are - I'm more than happy to have them upgraded then buy junk.

Mikey V

Newly Enlightened
About six months back, I ordered a new L1 Lumamax. When I got it, it worked as advertised, except I found the low power band to be very tiny. So much so that thumb pressing went from off to maximum with such a small bracket of low that my thumb could not hold on it. Also, when twisting in the cap, it went from off to low to high in a space of 1/8 inch of a turn. I figured it should have at least a full half turn on low before jumping to high. Called Surefire and asked if there was a contact tab in the tailcap that I could adjust or something. The Rep immediately said "no sir, you have a defective tailcap, we'll send you a new one right away". A few days later, I had it. My L1 now works perfectly. That is Surefire service.

mega_lumens

Enlightened
That is why Surefire is Surefire, not many companines are willing you send you something complety for free without even sending in the product
It is great that SF can offer such great customer service, but is it business smart on behalf of them to not make people send in defective parts back to them first to prevent people from abusing the system and getting freebies? If I were a business owner, I'd make customers send me the defective parts first.

Lumenz

Enlightened
It is great that SF can offer such great customer service, but is it business smart on behalf of them to not make people send in defective parts back to them first to prevent people from abusing the system and getting freebies? If I were a business owner, I'd make customers send me the defective parts first.

And that, my friend, is why no one has created a thread called "mega_lumens comes through!" :crackup:

SilentK

Enlightened

I know. I could see how someone could get a free tailcap that they perfer over their old one, just by saying theirs is broke. We need to see if we could build a light out of all the stuff the send us. Have one person get a tailcap, another a body, and so on. then put it all together. xD. No we should be good flashohalics andnot take advantage of this.