18650 with R2 or Q5 missing

godlight

Newly Enlightened
Reading all the wonderful threads from BessieBenny i miss reviews about bright 18650 flashlights with Q5 or R2 LEDs.

Can somebody recommend me some flashlights which use 18650 batteries and have a Q5 or a R2? I prefer some with a bright throw (hotspot).

Edit: Again: I am searching for a good 18650 powered, Cree Q5 or R2 flashlight with very bright throw for max. 30 USD.

Last edited:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 18500 with R2 or Q5 missing

now,.. what's your budget?

I'll second the eagletac.

Greg G

Enlightened
A DeeReeLight DBS is a great light. They can be had with an R2 Cree. I *think* the current tint is WG, which can be good. I have a DBS that came with a WH tint R2. Awesome light.

Check out FlashKrazy's ad in the Marketplace. Great vendor.

JBorneu

Enlightened
Solarforce L2. It's basically a cheaper 18650 compatible Surefire 6P.

Very good light in itself, extremely good considering the price. I have the single mode R2 version and I love it. This is the light I am going to upgrade until I have the light of my dreams (I have needs which don't come stock in any light).

dirtech

Enlightened
@nonsence: And where? Couldnt find it for this price.

Try solarforcestore. $25 delivered with a cheapy 18650 battery and holster. You can pick a few variants on the emitter you want. Also, you have the added benefit of the flashlight being a p60 host, which allows for many future or current upgrades if you choose. I just got one, and for your pricepoint, I think I can safely say it's the best choice.

ilLUMENati

Newly Enlightened
Reading all the wonderful threads from BessieBenny i miss reviews about bright 18650 flashlights with Q5 or R2 LEDs.

Can somebody recommend me some flashlights which use 18650 batteries and have a Q5 or a R2? I prefer some with a bright throw (hotspot).

Olight M20 with the R2 emitter and an SMO reflector. It seems to out throw me dereelight R2 P60 drop-in. Fairly neutral leaning on warm tint. Good selection of modes without over complicating the UI. It's a lot more expensive than the solarforce L2 which I also have. But I prefer the tint on Olight's R2 than solarforce's. It's also the most efficient of all the lights in it's class; 250 lumens for 4.5 hours!

MS3

Newly Enlightened

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to forget about XR-E based flashlights and look into flashlights that are using XP-E emitters, like some of the EagleTacs and the new Quark line from 4Sevens. They have excellent throw for their size.

godlight

Newly Enlightened
@illumenati: with 93 USD the Olight M20 is too expensive for me.

@ms3: the sku.22661 looks like a nice lamp. hope you post some review and tell me about it :). HA-III finish sounds nice.

@divine: couldnt find a "RG L-Mini II"
at shiningbeam.... only MG L-Mini II for about 42 USD.

@wadef: thank you, but i couldnt find some for about 30 USD.

Again: I am searching for a good 18650 powered, Cree Q5 or R2 flashlight with very bright throw for max. 30 USD.

Marlinaholic

Newly Enlightened
L2 is the best option, threads are same as a 6P on both tail and head, and quality is very nice. Always upgradable too. The 6P platform is the best if you want to save $$$ or upgrade often. The Solarforce also takes 18650's, so in that regard it's actually superior to the genuine 6P. I have a genuine 6P I love, but the L2 really is close in quality and the smart option for cheap 18650 operation. The only thing I hate about the L2 is the outer diameter of the head is slightly larger than the 6P, so the Surefire diffuser will slip on, but not lock down. They copied the rest of the 6P so close, wish the head diameter would have been duplicated as well, but I suppose it never is an issue for 99% of users.

Last edited: