Looking for a flashlight. <$50, Cree, crenulated bevel, clicker, long life

tracerit

Newly Enlightened
just looking for a casual use flashlight to have around. i'd like it to meet the following criteria/features:

-would like to spend $20-25 but willing to go up to $50 if quality/value is better
-Cree LED
-crenulated "teeth" bevel
-has a low, hi, and strobe mode (more modes better)
-momentary on/off clicker
-long life when in low mode (+5 hours)
-uses rechargeable batteries (should I go with AA or CR123A?)
-would like it to be able to focus the beam

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not many lights can focus, since focusing with a reflector almost always gives you artifacts. Most lights that have many modes don't have momentary on capability (at least in your price range), since they use the switch to change modes.

The Eagletac T100C2 is probably one of the best lights under $50, but it has no strobe mode, only medium and high. It has momentary on capability, and can use both CR123's and rechargeable 18650's.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
tough call..

Solarforce L2 would be my advice. (its a good copy of surefire)
-crenulated bezel.
-2*(r)cr123 or 1*18650 battery.
-available with cree R2 5-mode led drop in. (low isnt really that low, only about 3 hours runtime) but price is 25$ shipped.. or 30$ shipped if you search around for the package that has the optional 1*cr123 body tube with it.

clicky is reverse, so no momentary. but you can buy a foward clicky for it. its about 20$ more. but still under your 50$ limit.

but charger is about 10$ more too if you dont have one yet.

its close to what you look for in my mind.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The low is about 27 lumens but the current draw is down around 50mA to 100mA so you should get more than 10 hours out of it. This is your best bet to meet your needs. You don't need to focus it. You can run rechargeable batteries and save a lot of money in the long run.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Do you want momentary on (forward clickie) or momentary off (reverse clickie)?
If you remove the focusing, then you'll get a lot more choices.

And how's about 20 modes?

:welcome:

tracerit

Newly Enlightened
Lets scrap the focusing beam then.

i'm assuming momentary on is when you have to press the button to have it lit, and when you let go, it'll turn off? but if you press all the way, it'll "click" into the on? i'd prefer that kind of operation.

i tried searching for which type of battery to go with, should I go with the CR123A or 18650? It HAS to be rechargeable.

thanks for the suggestions so far, i'll look into them :)

elipem01

Newly Enlightened
In my opinion I don't think there is a better value than the Eagletac P100 or T100 series lights. They don't have everything you are looking for but they are very high quality bright lights.