Streisand sues over mansion photos

Darell

Flashaholic
Ken Adelman is one of the world's biggest EV supporters, and one of only three people who own the awesome Tzero. He has also offered to purchase an EV1 for something like $1 million, and was turned down by GM. I mention these items only because that's how I know him - has nothign to do with this suit.

His entire home, and all of his EVs (ten or so) are solar-powered, and he's using his $millions for great things, IMO. Archiving images of the entire CA coast is something that will help study the area for hundreds of years to come. Ken does this with his own time, his own helecopter and his own money - for the benefit of everyone.

I didn't think anybody else would be interested in this story, and BOOM! Here it is on CPF. :)

DrAg0n

Banned
thats lame...then a lot of people would be rich if she is awarded anything...and all photographers would have to sell their camera equiptment to pay off the damages...

Darell

Flashaholic
Something else I should point out is that Ken's Santa Cruz "estate" is also in the photo record with just as much detail, etc, etc.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
This lawsuit is the best one I have seen in a while. A tree-hugger (this time doing good things and paying his own bills) being sued by an ultra liberal in the on going battle of free speech verses the rights of privacy. This someone routinely covers herself under the blanket of free speech to beat up on her opponents. This should be good.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
If Adelman's sole intent in taking and archiving the photos is simply to focus people's attention on the California coastline and its environmental issues, why does he have the page with Streisand's home labeled: "Streisand Estate, Malibu"? Is she, other than occupying a few acres of land, doing something drastically wrong? If not, why not just leave the page unlabeled?

By having the the label there, it significantly increases the risk that she and her husband will be pestered by the morbidly curious, stalkers, home invaders, thieves, etc.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonBoy said:
If Adelman's sole intent in taking and archiving the photos is simply to focus people's attention on the California coastline and its environmental issues, why does he have the page with Streisand's home labeled: "Streisand Estate, Malibu"? Is she, other than occupying a few acres of land, doing something drastically wrong? If not, why not just leave the page unlabeled?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I looked it seemed like many of his photos are labeled with the most identifying landmark.
Seems like "Streisand Estate, Malibu" fits the bill as well as anything else.

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
DieselDave said:
A tree-hugger (this time doing good things and paying his own bills)

[/ QUOTE ]
Versus the earth's rapers and pillagers who are more routinley known for doing "good things" and "paying their own way?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Sorry, tough to hear the back-handed compliment since I'm sure that I'm considered a "tree-hugger" to the folks out there who... uh... hate trees.

B@rt

Flashaholic
fc3675ad.jpg
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lets face it...

A deranged stalker is going to find out where Streisand lives, no matter if he/she gets any help from any land surveyor, picture, city planner, news reporter, creditor, or anything from Adelman for that matter...

Her argument that she's protected under a "papparazi non-grata" law is absurd. I don't see Adelman selling his pictures to the Inquirer or some sleeze magazine... Nor do I see Adelman working as a papparazi...

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Darell,
It was not a not a back handed compliment. I am genuinely happy to see this kind of work. I don't have a beef with most of what the phrase, "Tree Hugger" represents. I think many, including yourself are trying to do good things.

As far as actual trees go...I get a chance to hunt on logging land from time to time and I am absolutely amazed with the re-plant program. It looks like two or three times the number of trees in the same area. It does look a little artificial with the even lines and spacing but oh my gosh they grow fast.

I was in southern CA a few weeks ago, home of the environmental nazis and noticed more smog than anywhere I have been in the world. You guys need more EV's or diesel's and less rules. Was your governor named after the color of the air? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I must admit, I loved the weather and Lake Arrowhead. If I made a mil. a year I might like to live there in the mountains. With that much money I could afford a nice 2,500 sf home. I couldn't get over the cost of real estate or the traffic jam between the mountains and San Diego on a Sunday morning.

Back on topic. I get a kick out of seeing poor "Babs" whining.

Tombeis

Enlightened
You rich people with your electric vehicles, solar powered battery chargers.

Living like kings in sunny California while the rest of us swine groval for mere existance.

Derrel: Please post latitude and longitude of your house location. We wanna see your mansion! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

hey you can see my house from here!...howdy! welcome to the mansion! watch out for the rattle snakes! have a cappuccino? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

another view of my place - can you spot it? (the road going up the hill is on the far right in this pic)

3727.JPG

Tomas

Banned
Right now I'm sitting about 100 feet south of the crosshairs - I changed apartments since the pic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

OT02.jpg

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Tomas,
Will you spilt the millions you're going to get because of the photo?

The crosshairs are a nice touch, makes me homesick for a bombsite.

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
DieselDave said:
I think many, including yourself are trying to do good things.

[/ QUOTE ]
I must have inferred incorrectly, thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
oh my gosh they grow fast.

[/ QUOTE ]
They do, yes. And unfortunately fast growing makes for crappy wood. At least from a building standpoint. The best stuff comes from the "old growth" forests, but nobody wants to wait around 150 years to grow it again. Once those forests are mowed, they're gone for good.

[/ QUOTE ]I was in southern CA a few weeks ago, home of the environmental nazis and noticed more smog than anywhere I have been in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]
Funny - I just saw the same thing in Dallas a couple of weeks ago. Actually, the worst smog I've ever seen is in China where 100% of their power has been coming from coal. That's some air you've gotta chew.

[ QUOTE ]
You guys need more EV's or diesel's and less rules. Was your governor named after the color of the air?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, no kidding. The LA basin is the worst air in the state. Followed closely by where I am (Sacramento Valley). Don't judge the whole state by one area's air. And also consider that we've got more people jammed into this state than anywhere else. And they REALLY like their SUVs.

[ QUOTE ]
Back on topic. I get a kick out of seeing poor "Babs" whining.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, she WANTS to be an environmentalist. She just sucks at it.

Tombeis

Enlightened
If you click on the photo of Streisand's house, it enlarges the view to about a 16X20 inch equivalant.

Take a look at the sewer pipe about half way down the cliff to the left.

That pipe spews chemical laden water from her yard directly into the Pacific ocean without treatment.

Nice touch!

So much for the show business environmentalist.