Found my Arc AAA LE!!!!!

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Everyone,

I've been away from CPF for quite some time. No real changes to my collection other than a new Leatherman 1x123 3 level light plus a Streamlight TL-3 2x17500 for dog walking, etc.

Anyway - big news!!! Nobody I share this with gives a rats behind, but I figured the old school flashaholics here might get a kick out of it.

Years ago I bought an Arc AAA Limited Edition from another CPF'er. It was my constant companion and even helped in a few minor emergencies when we needed a bit of light but there was no electricity and/or light sources.

Much to my concern the light simply dissappeared. I thought I knew where, but a few exhaustive searches didn't turn it up. So, sad day, I had to go get a Photon Freedom to replace it. It's a good little light, I've carried it at least three years now, but just not as engaging as that little old Arc.

So I make it home last night after a killer 15 hour day at the office and what do I see? My Arc AAA sitting on the counter next to my sink!

It was so random and so, well, awesome that I literally thought I was dreaming. I had to go check to make sure it wasn't some kind of fatigue induced hallucination.

Sure enough, it was real and I am reunited with my favorite light! It's almost like I've found an old friend...

My wife told me this morning she was cleaning out one of her old purses and found it tucked in one of the folds...

:banghead::hairpull::whoopin:

So, there you go. Nobody out there cares about this little mini-miracle but I figured some of the CPF'ers that have been around a while might understand.

Jon

Last edited:

jkdguy

Newly Enlightened
....and under the couch she found your lost Surefire M6!! All kidding aside, it's cool you located your Arc.
I love my Arc AAA P!
:)

Last edited:

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Their "lost in a stream in a cave" story doesn't hold a thread to your "lost in my wife's purse" story. :)

Congrats, it's like you got a new light again.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Nice to have your Arc just show back up that way. I thought I lost my very first Arc once too but it showed up in much the same way six months later. After that I purchased another one and keep my original handy in my office drawer for computer fiddling duties.

balticvid

Newly Enlightened
Thats a good story. It put smiles on our faces.

I still have my ArcAAA kick'en around in my dresser drawer.
The reason that I havn't lost is is because I have a new one
never taken out of the box as a backup.

SilentK

Enlightened
I'm still looking for my arc AAA and a Lexus key. If your wife finds them, let me know.

:naughty: LOL. Anyway.... i am glad that you got reunited with one of your favorite lights, as i would probably die if i lost anyone of my lights. even more so if i lost my zebralight. i could not take that 3 week shipping again.

nightshade

Enlightened
My Arc AAA LE has a glow in the dark paracord lanyard. It rests next to our foyer windows. It has come in handy quite a few times after power failures. I remember the excitement on the original Arc forum when these were in the production que. Glad the Arc reappeared! :thumbsup:

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still looking for my arc AAA and a Lexus key. If your wife finds them, let me know.

If I was a suspicious man I'd wonder why she might have them? Luckily, I'm not. :)

Anyway, I've got one of the little clips purchased from the sandwich shoppe and I think that's the issue with this light. Over the last few weeks I've had it clipped to a small SAK and at least three times now it's come unclipped in my pocket.

Last edited:

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great story! I lost my HDS Basic 42 light and I found it after several months and it was such a good feeling as I really like this specific light!!

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
am i only strange one whose first thoughts reading this were:

did you turn it on when you saw it, and did it work? was the battery dead? did you change a new one in. did you place it on your nightstand or similar for the night so it would stay close to you and not get lost again. did you wake up and as your first thing you looked if it was still there where you left it? :D

and happy for you, long lost friends are always nice to meet.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was an Energizer Lithium AAA in the light and yes it still worked.

No, it's not the first thing I think of, no it didn't go on the nightstand to be at the ready. But, it did re-introduce the pocket knife / flashlight EDC concept. Lately I've been going with just a small pocket knife (plus a small SAK & Photon on a keychain). Now I go with a smaller knife (Victorinox Executive, for example) tethered to the Arc. Life is good.