vincebdx

Newly Enlightened
I just received that :
nitecoresr3.jpg

1* rcr123 :thinking:

I found an other pic :
nitecoresr32.jpg
Thank's Jorn
:thumbsup:I really thought about copying and pasting from the website yesturday but thought since it was up on the site it would be redundant oh well.

Well I just found that I left the window open so here is the info. I hope this doesn't violate policy or anything if it does mods feel free to remove it cause I don't want to cause waves.

Features

Simple, intuitive rotary interface
CREE XR-E high efficiency LED
Max output 210 lumens
Military-grade aluminum alloy
Mil-Spec Type-III Hard-Anodized finish resists scratches
Stainless steel retaining ring on light bezel, effectively protects the light from drops and impacts
Tactical grip-ring on the tail
Special lanyard hole design
Anti-roll design

Specifications

Battery
Powered by one CR123 battery or one protected rechargeable Li-ion battery

Output and Runtime
Max: 210 Lumens for up to 50 minutes
Low: 5 Lumens for up to 35 hours
Effective range: 200 meters
Functions: 8 levels of brightness selection or 7 levels of brightness and one Strobe mode
Dimension: Head diameter 32mm, Tube diameter 22mm, Total length 107mm
Weight:108 gram
Waterproof according to the IPX-8 standard. (1.5 meter in water for 1 hour)

Operation

Tactical activation: partially depress the tailcap switch for momentary activation, release and the light will be turned off.
Constant activation: Fully depress the tailcap switch to "click on" position and release for constant light, which will be ON till you fully depress the tailcap switch again to the "click off" position, the light is turned off.
Safety Lock: to prevent accidental light activation, users should rotate the tailcap loose for a full turn in counter-clockwise direction to enter safety lock status. The light will not be turned on under this mode even if users depress the tailcap switch.

Selecting Output

When the light is turned on, rotate the SmartRing near the light bezel. The brightness will change. Rotate the smart ring in the counter-clockwise direction and the brightness will increase step by step till the Max. Rotate the smart ring in the clockwise direction and the brightness will decrease step by step till the Min. The SR3 has 8 levels of brightness from Min to Max: 5 Lumens, 10 Lumens, 20 Lumens, 40 Lumens, 60 Lumens, 120 Lumens, 160 Lumens, 210 Lumens. When the brightness decreases, the runtime of the light increases. Using one single CR123 battery, the light can sustain continuous use for up to 35 hours at Min and 50 minutes at Max.

Custom Strobe Mode
By rotating the smart ring, users can set a strobe mode which is a hidden function in SR 3, according to own using habits and different circumstances. When strobe mode is needed, firstly turn on the flashlight, and rotate the smart ring in counter-clockwise direction till the end of the turn (the default Max mode of the light). After that, swiftly rotate the smart ring to the other end of the turn (the default Min mode of the light) and rotate it back to the other side instantly (this operation should be performed within 2 seconds.) If the operation performed correctly, the hidden Strobe mode in SR3 will be activated, and the light will have 7 levels of brightness and one strobe: 5 Lumens, 10 Lumens, 20 Lumens, 50 Lumens, 90 Lumens, 150 Lumens, 220 Lumens, and Strobe. If users need to hide the strobe mode again, repeat the above operation will do.

Battery Replacement

When the battery is low, problems of low brightness may occur or users may find it unable to control the brightness or turn on the light. Users should turn off the light and insert a new battery. If you keep using the low-voltage battery, there may be dangers of battery leakage or even explosion (with rechargeable Li-ion batteries without safety circuits).

Maintenance

Twice a year clean the threads with a clean cloth and apply thin coat of silicon-based lubricant to them. NOTE: DO NOT use petroleum-based lubricant on the waterproof O-rings, which may cause damages to the o-rings.

Last edited:

Toaster

Enlightened
Interesting. I don't recall ever seeing a 1xCR123 light with a control ring. Head definitely resembles the Darktort in appearance. Maybe it'll share some of the same construction techniques? Shipping on the 19th so I guess more info will be coming soon. :popcorn:

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm... very interested in this one! Wonder how much they'll be selling for. (Checked page, selling for $120 though, might be a bit too much for me considering the USD->AUD exchange rate.:()

Edit: Also, note that it's called the SR3. What about 1 and 2? Could someone please pass the popcorn?

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice....
I don't know its performance, but at the moment I think the price is too steep.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. I don't recall ever seeing a 1xCR123 light with a control ring. Head definitely resembles the Darktort in appearance. Maybe it'll share some of the same construction techniques? Shipping on the 19th so I guess more info will be coming soon. :popcorn:
There was one, the spartanian II ;)

EEG

Newly Enlightened
I messed with the one they had at the Blade Show but no specs. It's a very nice light. I liked the ring a lot and build quality appeared to be top notch. It didn't look like it was set up for a pocket clip and output looked like it was pretty high.

Viper715

Enlightened
I can't wait for this one. I sure hope that it has E series compatibility that would rock. It has nice even spaced levels and the strobe function is hidden. Although the low isn't real low but not too bad. Nitecore alwasy seems to have a new trick up there sleeves.

Toaster

Enlightened
There was one, the spartanian II ;)

Ah, forgot about that one. :thumbsup:

Very nice....
I don't know its performance, but at the moment I think the price is too steep.

That's pretty much my gut reaction as well. IMHO Nitecore quality is not good enough where they can be charging $120 for a small single cell light, even if it does have a fancy control ring.