What do I do with the O-ring 4 the LD01?

recDNA

Flashaholic
I just got a new Fenix LD01. Great little keychain light (although I doubt the 80 lumens).

Anyway, an "extra" O-ring comes with the flashlight but I can't find anyplace on it the O-ring goes? Obviously that means I cannot find any O-ring ON the flashlight now.

I tried putting the O-ring between the top and bottom halves of the flashlight but when you screw them together to turn on the led the O-ring just pops out and eventually begins sliding around uselessly up and down the length of the flashlight.

Am I putting the O-ring in the wrong place?

HKJ

Flashaholic
Anyway, an "extra" O-ring comes with the flashlight but I can't find anyplace on it the O-ring goes? Obviously that means I cannot find any O-ring ON the flashlight now.

You can see my LD01 here with the O-ring, it is the SS version but I suppose the Al version is the same:

DSC_5058.jpg

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, it's just a spare to replace the one already fitted.

recDNA

Flashaholic
You can see my LD01 here with the O-ring, it is the SS version but I suppose the Al version is the same:

DSC_5058.jpg

That's exactly where I THOUGHT it would go. I assure you there is no ring there and the light does work although I'm sure it isn't water resistant. When I put the ring there and screw in the top to turn on the flashlight the o-ring is pushed out of the groove and onto the ba rrel. Then I have to put it back every time.

Mostly

Newly Enlightened
That is bizarre. I guess the groove wasn't cut deep enough? When assembled (robotically, I presume) the original o-ring must have jumped off and been lost in the way you describe.

No, it looks like the o-ring is seating normally in the photo. I wonder if maybe the head isn't bored out big enough on the unthreaded outer part toward the open end...

I would send it back, describing the problem.

recDNA

Flashaholic
That is bizarre. I guess the groove wasn't cut deep enough? When assembled (robotically, I presume) the original o-ring must have jumped off and been lost in the way you describe.

No, it looks like the o-ring is seating normally in the photo. I wonder if maybe the head isn't bored out big enough on the unthreaded outer part toward the open end...

I would send it back, describing the problem.

Just me being blind and stupid. It's recessed and the same color and I just couldn't see it or feel it but it's there.

Sorry, and as Rosanne Rossanadanna would say, "Never mind".