Budget lights MagRebel vs X2T vs Romisen RC-N3

DNA

Newly Enlightened
Good afternoon, the title pretty much says it all. Was looking for a reliable backup light to carry at work. Cuurently that role is being fulfilled by one of the older AAx3 Mag LEDs. I was looking to pick up something with 2 levels of light (KISS, 2 modes, no more), low and high and work with either AAs or CR123s (both are free at work). I was looking at the 3 mentioned and was curious what your thoughts were. Or are there better suggestions for lights in that price range?

Dan

p.s. the other two lights are available through shining beam i believe.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The X2T is 2 CR123 and you can't use 2 RCR123s.

I'd pick the RC-N3 from Shiningbeam because it can use both 2 AAs and 1 CR123, and has s clicky.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
x2t.. i have that as my glovebox light (along with solarforce l2 that has a strobe to alert other cars in case of emergency)

pros: nice length and sleek design.. length is just right for confortable carry in the hand. very bright light, nice beam shape and ok runtime. simple 2 mode light, lower mode is good for most tasks. very nice way to change modes. twist on and off and on again to change modes.

relative: its a twisty so if thats what you look for then its a pro. but for my use its smooth function actually was a con..

cons: too easy to turn on. it should be stiffer to turn on and off. i tried to carry it as edc but i kept turning it on accidentally inside my pocket as i got into my car and out.. and boy it ran hot.
cons: only cr123 primaries. (but for you its not a con if you get them for free ..i rather use rechargables and have the primaries only as backups.)

just because of my experience of turning X2T on by accident my advice for backup light out of the 3 would be the romisen n3. solid clicky and the ability to use either cr123 or 2*AA makes it worth a try.

other option as back up light.. the akoray k106 for 21$ (3 mode light that can be programmed) small, pocket clip and rather solid feel.

skids625

Newly Enlightened
HI: have access to many lights, @ sheriff's dept. but 80% of the time or a little more use the rom. & aa batts. sometimes with one 123, rarely a fenix tk-11r-2. Its cheap try it! Byran @shiningbeam is great to deal with many of the deputies bought them!

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
The RC-N3 is a very good light, but I think for $15 more I'd go with a EagleTac P10 or T10 light.

DNA

Newly Enlightened
Looks like the RC-N3 it is. Are there any pocket clips available?

Dan

DNA

Newly Enlightened
The ones shown on shining beam appear to come with lanyards. I want a pocket clip type attachment if available and some replacements as I seem to use my gear hard...

Dan

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is from Shiningbeam and it came with a clip and lanyard. I don't know about repacement cliips though.