Help! I've broken my Ultrafire C3 =)

hazna

Enlightened
My Ultrafire C3 had a really minor knock the other day... I had it standing upright by the tail and then it fell over on the bench. Since then it has become really dim, when I run two AA batteries. With a single AA battery theres no output at all. Is there any easy (beginners) way to fix it? I'm pretty dissappointed if thats all it takes to break it...

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Ultrafire C3 had a really minor knock the other day... I had it standing upright by the tail and then it fell over on the bench. Since then it has become really dim, when I run two AA batteries. With a single AA battery theres no output at all. Is there any easy (beginners) way to fix it? I'm pretty dissappointed if thats all it takes to break it...

should take more than that to destroy even for a cheap flashlight. Cold solder contact that came loose maybe, or the tailcap? try bypassing the tailcap by using a wire or metal object to eliminate the tailcap as the problem.

hazna

Enlightened
I thought I'd finally revive this thread.

I had my ultrafire c3 broken for a while now and would like to do something to revive it.

The problem is not with the tailcap. Don't know about soldering though... I got nothing to solder with. Anyone suggest a drop in that will work with the ultrafire c3 to 'revive' it a bring it back into action?

alphazeta

Enlightened
If you're not willing to solder than I'd suggest you just sell it on the marketplace as-is & put those dollars towards a new light.

IMO, I don't think it's worth it to buy a drop in for it.:poke:

However, if you do want to go that route, the now discontinued rexlight modules should fit that UF c3 body. Put a WTB ad on the marketplace & cross your fingers.

Hope that helps.
AZ

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Time to buy a new light! If it let you down that easy, better hope your life never depends on that flashlight. Just my $.02 worth.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's probably a broken inductor - they can be quite sensitive to shocks. Open it up and replace the driver; it shouldn't be hard to do, and it'll give you a functional light for a fraction of the price of a new one.

Alternatively, cough up $21 and get an Akoray K-106 - it's the best cheap light, and better than many other lights that cost three times as much.

hazna

Enlightened
any diagrams or tutorials on how to replace the driver? I have never done this before, but willing to give it a go (since its already broken)

btw, I have replaced the ultrafire c3 about a year ago with a fenix l2d... The fenix has been dropped a couple of times (nothing major) but no probs so far.

If i fix the c3, i'll probably give it away to someone as a gift.