Fenix L2D stopped working

johnbla

Newly Enlightened
My Fenix L2D has just stopped working, however if I remove the tail cap from my Ultrafire and attach it to the Fenix (without stripping the thread) it works again. Maybe a problem with the tailcap. Anyone got any ideas how to fix it? It's still under warranty but I live in Aussie and would have to ship back to US.

Many thanks.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the retaining ring for the tailcap switch on my L2P v2 loosen, and the light stopped working. Just tighten it back down and it will probably work again.

FloggedSynapse

Enlightened
Had this happen to some of my fenix lights that got a lot of use. The retaining ring in the tailcap likely just needs to be tightened down. There are often a couple of recessed dimples in the tailcap that you can jam something into in order to screw the bit back down.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Yup, as everyone else has said, try tightening the talicap retaining ring.

There are two holes in the retaining ring. Many here use pliers to twist the ring (the tips of each end in each hole).

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
had the same thing happen twice, both times the driver just failed. didn't work with a new tailcap.
Internal electronics failed.
No more 'digital' lights for me.

Marduke

Flashaholic
had the same thing happen twice, both times the driver just failed. didn't work with a new tailcap.
Internal electronics failed.
No more 'digital' lights for me.

It cannot be the "same thing" since it is the tailcap and not anything else.

Also, don't use just about any LED light if you want to swear off drivers completely.