Why no e-Checks ?

mikeyx

Enlightened
I've noticed in many of the sales threads that the seller will not accept e-Checks as payment. Perhaps I am missing something, but after an e-Check clears and the money has been deposited, what is the potential damage to the seller (aside from having to wait for the e-Check to clear) ?

Thanks,
Mike

kramer5150

Flashaholic
it can take at least a week (sometimes more) for the E-check to clear. My bank needs a good 5-14 days to clear & send e-checks. If it bounces, the seller is looking at at potentially another 1-2 weeks on top of that to rectify the situation with the buyer, depending on how diligent the buyer and his bank are. Holliday weeks further bog things down.

With direct credit PP transactions theres zero lag-time. You can have the payment in your CC acct. in 5 minutes, dash off to the local PO and have the item shipped the same day of buyer payment.

Many times customers are impatient (borderline unreasonable) and want their goods ASAP. With e-checks you are at a higher risk of negative feedback for slow shipping.

Last edited:

R@ndom

Enlightened
Also there is a lot of scammers that pay with e-cheque. The cheque can be withdrawn at any time.

Due to my lack of cc I used to always pay by e-cheque. But after a couple of incidents :rant: I just tell the seller to wait for transfer into pp.