The Fenix-Store        

Thread: Looking for a special light ....

Default Looking for a special light ....

HI guys,
    Im looking for a light that is a single 18650 that has the switch up front, like the maglites?

Would also prefer it to be able to do momentary on, is that considered a "forward clickie"?

Would be nice if it was a P7 or MC-E...

Am I asking to much? Thanks!

Flashaholic*
    below polar circle.. in country which used to make nokia phones.

Default Re: Looking for a special light ....

not an expert but as no one else has replied yet.. i try to say something..

foward clicky is a generally located at the tail of lights, its name comes from that it is a clicky that gives the momentary output when you press it slightly. (moves foward to turn it on..)
    -reverse clicky needs to be pressed fully to clik the light ON and then one can change modes by half pressing the button.. and there is no momentary option on them)

side clicky is the clicky that is located in the front of the light in the body. and these are really getting rare. i hope they come back atleast in some lights. but looking for a modern mce or p7 light with side clicky is difficult.

just to find couple lights with side clicky like in maglites is difficult.

hmm..
    pelican 7060 and 8060 have it (actually both clikys.. tail clicky with momentary, and side clicky.)

streamlight stinger is one option with sideclicky. (again no mc-e)

so .yes. you are looking for something that i dont know that exists as over the shelf light.. custom pieces might be available or done somewhere.
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

This is MC-E with a side switch for changing modes with rear on/off with momentary switch. You need to use 2x18650 to get full output though.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/ultra...-sk-ultra.html
    My flashlight collection HERE

Thank You for the replys.

Is there not a flashlight out there that is single 18650 and has the switch on the front? Kinda depressing.

Any chance someone could make them?

If you want to pony up $$$ I am sure someone would make you one.

Quote Originally Posted by Marduke View Post
    If you want to pony up $$$ I am sure someone would make you one.

Price range? I like where this is going....

Custom machined, >$150 most likely.

So who should I be trying to get in touch with?

I like your attitude.

I want, and will have one. Its just the way I am, I think it could be one of my flaws. Oh well.

Anyone else intrested in a light like this, i would like to think it would be best to get several done at one time.

Flashaholic*

sunlite 8w and 16w got side clicky. 16w has a quad emitter. Dont know if it actually can use a 18650, but you will prob. find out if you search for it here at cpf

You could always make one out of a 2C Maglite...

There's plenty of info here - even a few tutorials, I think - on doing a P7 or MC-E install in a Maglite. Running either emitter directly of a single 18650 is no problem. You'll need the emitter, a heat sink, thermal epoxy, wire, some heater hose or similar to keep the cell from rattling, a small (~35mm) spacer, the 18650 cell, and a few tools and you should be good to go. Everything's a quick order or trip to the hardware store away, and there shouldn't be any machining required.

Quote Originally Posted by jorn View Post
    sunlite 8w and 16w got side clicky. 16w has a quad emitter. Dont know if it actually can use a 18650, but you will prob. find out if you search for it here at cpf

Jorn is correct. Check out this link. This light will come with it's own battery (which is Sunlite's own modified 18650, so you can have 2 modes) and is also rechargeable. You'll notice the recharge port on the side, across from the side switch.

If you are insistent about using your own 18650 batteries......then email them and ask if they can design your light to accommodate a regular 18650. It may come with less functionality of modes....but see what they say.
    My Sunlite Reviews: 8wFP, 16wFP, FP80, 8w Utility Head, Slim Jr., Slim2.
    My "High Output Thrower" Review

Flashaholic

Maybe take a look at the Wolf-Eyes WF-08 Guider?

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=172914

And as you mentioned Maglite, maybe a Maglite with one of these LED mods
    would do the job?
    There are even some mods with 3xP7 IIRC.
    Last edited by Tom_123; 06-27-2009 at 03:02 AM.

Flashaholic*

Mr. Bulk DragonHeart has the switch up front, run 18500, but you can buy the 18650 body, it's used Seoul P4.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Im really not in to the maglite as I wanted something smaller. This light will most likely be carried on my duty belt at work for night shift.

I picked up a Solar Force L2 and a DX MCE drop in and I really like it, despite the 3 modes, in fact it is really almost exactly what I wanted except the switch is on the back.

I love the 30 dollar P7 lights that I got from DX to play around with and I am looking for a P7 drop in for the L2 preferably without any modes, just on and off.

I really appreciate everyones help and the time that you spent typing me up some suggestions!!!!