...Help with D10?

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've already contacted 4Sevens and currently waiting for their response...

BUT! I thought to ask the most enthused community for advanced insights while I wait.

Well, my D10 R2 stopped working. I have no idea why. Two weeks ago, before I went away for vacation, I played with D10 to compare the brightness with my new U2SVOH modded E1e (Gunga special :twothumbs). For those curious, the modded E1e goes head to head with D10 in terms of brightness and throw.

Then, like a 'good' D10 user, I untwisted the head slightly to prevent the battery drain, and left it on the night stand. Next morning, I left for vacation and came back a few days ago.

The day I came back (exactly two weeks later), I grabbed the D10 to compare the light again, this time to my new Fenix LD01 ss just for comparison. I picked it up, twisted the head fully and nothing. Depressed the piston and nothing. I thought perhaps I hadn't untwist the head quite enough and the battery had drained.

Well, after three fresh AA, the light hasn't fired up once. Not even a flicker or low brightness...just flat out blank. I checked the piston, no signs of battery leakage, dry with no residue of any sort.

I don't own ANY rechargeables, either Li-ion or Nimh, so I don't believe I could have damaged the circuit somehow...or could I have?

Has something like this happened to any one else?

As I mentioned, I've already contacted 4Sevens (with greatest faith that they'll take care of me properly) but couldn't wait so I decided to reach out to the 'community.'

Any thoughts? :sigh: I love this light...

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have read some people say after leaving the D10/Ex10 on accidentally and run the battery's all the way down that there light did not work properly after that.

I don't know why maybe heat or something in the circuits.

Have you tried moving the brass ring around in the head, sometimes they get stuck.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
7777 will make it right
glad you bought it there

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Make sure contact ring isn't stuck. Clean all contact points, including the piston end. Remove piston from body, insert a new AA into it, then push the piston against the contact ring. If there's still no sign of life, wait for 4Seven's reply.

litetube

Enlightened
I'm starting to think I am having a similar issue with my Ex10

I load it with AWrcr123s. I carry it in my back pocket. It is set to high so if it came on accidentally I would definitley feel the heat and turn it off, the head is screwed on tight also . I rarely use the light and if I do it is for short periods . In the last 2 weeks since I put a freshly charged AW in there I may have used it for a total of 5-7mins max.

Last nite I go to use it and the protection circuit on the battery kicks in.
I know these lights have a small drain and the AW is only 750ma but it should be lasting longer than 2 weeks shouldnt it? More like 6 months or so? Seems like similar issue to Euroken?

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all your inputs. I've cleaned the contacts and checked the brass ring. All seems to be clean and in order.

Litetube, in my case, my light no longer works...it's not just the battery drain issue but I can't turn the light on anymore...:shakehead

loanshark

Enlightened
Take a pocket knife, insert the tip into the split in the split ring... Twist the knife widening the gap a bit in the split ring... While your there turn the split ring a bit. Put a fresh battery in and try again...

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Loanshark for your advice...unfortunately, didn't work...I took it around the loop while the split ring was spread apart.

I still haven't heard back from 4Sevens...getting a little impatient :confused:

trapperjay

Newly Enlightened
I do not know if this applies in your situation . . . but I ordered a d10 last week and they delayed the shipping due to a circuit problem. Deb said that Nitecore sent her an email stating there were faulty circuits in the D10's and that all would be checked prior to shipping. It's posted on their site I believe.

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent mine over to 4Sevens and waiting for diagnostics...always a pleasire to deal with them.

Hope they can tell me what the cause of the malfunction could have been so that I don't repeat the mistake again in the future.

Latest posts