night star flashlight

iasmosrapla

Newly Enlightened
[Advertising link removed - DM51]

Truth or scam? Opinions please:thinking:

Last edited by a moderator:

DM51

Flashaholic
Shake lights are not very well-regarded here, but some members find them useful and you will find references to them now and again.

thunderlight

Enlightened
I find them extremely useful for what they are. Moreover, Nightstar has consistently increased the brightness with new models. I posted a "review" of one of their latest models a while ago. It's probably in the archives.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Nightstar is proably the best shake light, but that's not saying much. A cheaper light with lithium primaries is usually a better choice.

Beware the fakelights which don't charge by shaking and just use coin cell batteries hidden inside.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I have 4 nitestar flashlights. The first two were before they upgraded the LED. Maybe a DS but no expert on 5mm LEDs. The other two with the newer (maybe older now) LED. A large and CS for both. Guessing if I seen the newest green CS as stated in the review for 20 bucks I would bite. Only pack the CS in my BOB with a headlamps and flashlight just incase the world ends. :D Anyways they do work but have not used them for anything. Maybe the very low light and larger size of even the smaller CS has something to do with that.