Brief review of EX10

Spence

Enlightened
I recently added the NiteCore EX10 to my collection, alongside an EZAA. The EX10 is a very compact single CR123 configuration including their "Smart Piston" switching mechanism. The user interface is incorporated into this piston switch. Depressing and holding ramps the brightness from about 3-5 lumens up to the maximum of 130. Depressing and holding again ramps back down. It has memory when switched off by a quick click. It is a firm but silent clicking. The beam is a warm tint with a huge bright spill and a bright spot absent the familiar Q5 donut. This is the R2 version. Throw is quite impressive out to 100 yards as an ample flood at that distance. Like I mentioned, it is quite compact with a generous helping of good, positive, aggressive knurling. It just feels good in your grip or your manner of holding. I find it a great candidate for every day carry and switch off with my EZAA. The EX10 has a sister ship, the D10 which has the same performance on AA batteries. Pricing is reasonable for this high quality workmanship and stellar performance. It accomodates LiIon rechargeables, as well as, primaries.:cool:

Last edited: