• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WANTED: Someone to mod my LunaSol20 to Warm emitters.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I am having trouble using my cool tinted lights with all my warm lights. I would love a LunaSol 20 that is warm on On wide and Far. Do they even make warm 3mm Nichia's?

:anyone: :naughty: :D :thumbsup:

StrayLight

Enlightened
I am having trouble using my cool tinted lights with all my warm lights. I would love a LunaSol 20 that is warm on On wide and Far. Do they even make warm 3mm Nichia's?

:anyone: :naughty: :D :thumbsup:

I was thinking over this same problem just yesterday: could the Nichia 310DS in the LS20 be swapped for the 310CS used in the LS27 (or is it the other way 'round)? The Nichias are a great tint match with the Cree in the "27", so color me disappointed when I saw the cold blue cast, and mismatch with the Golden Dragon, of the Nichias in the "20". I had posted about this issue when the LS20 was released, but apparently no one else could see the problem, including Don. I sold mine (in part) because of this.

PSM, have you contacted Will about doing this work? He's the first person I'd turn to for elective McGizmo surgery.

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darkzero has the "midas touch" ! He does nothing but the finest modifications!! Will is the GREATEST to work with and will never
slapshot your light with Electrical tape,paperclips,superglue or plumbers putty:nana::nana:
Their are a few people here that I feel comfortable with giving out their names . Will has always done me right! A+++

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The 310CS as well as the 310DS are available in different tint bins. The 310CS I used with the Cree was a B1 tint which for the most part seemed well matched. Most of the Dragons I worked with were higher in color temperature and I felt the B2 tint which is a higher color temp was a better match; again for the most part. I have seen some 3 mm LED's that were not "typical" in regards to the majority in their bin but for the most part, Nichia seems to do pretty well with consistency in color temp.

I admit that I have a personal preference for cool over warm when it comes to tint and in some cases there is a bonus of greater flux if you are willing to go with the cooler tint.

There are variations among all of these lights and in the case of the LunaSol's my primary concern, in regards to tint, was to try to match the 3 mm's to that of the primary high power LED. That I was not completely successful in this desire or that the overall tint was not to everyone's preference is really no surprise. :shrug:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Don, thanks for the reply! My LS20 is perfectly matched on wide and far. It really is something else!

But I am just hooked on these "incan" like tints, I think the LS20W would be the bees knees. :eek:

I am going to keep my LS27 stock, cuz thats my baby. :kiss:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about some of the new tiny Cree XP-E's in their Q4 neutral tint to go around the circle? These have an exeptionally nice warm tint IMO. Just a thought and I second what others are saying about darkzero's mod quality.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Thanks for the kind words fellas. :eek: Always a pleasure to work with you guys!
:wave:

PSM, email replied.