Best EDC flashlight and one for hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacchus99

Newly Enlightened
I have a thread going in the general forum but i think the LED forum gets more traffic. My apologies mods...

Info from other thread: Most folks agree with the D10 for EDC but feel i need something better for the hunting scenerios such as the fenix TK20.

It has probably been asked before a million times and I plan on reading many threads tonight on the topic but I wanted to personalize what I want out of the light.

Looking for a light say under 70 bucks that is a good EDC light. I'm not sure if I need LED or a normal old fashioned light. The light will mainly be used for now in my backyard at night looking for the dogs toys he leaves everywhere. But during hunting season it will be used to help me find my way to/from the deer stand and blood tracking. Also will be a night stand light for home defense.

I think I would prefer normal AA battery type light rather than an odd size battery or rechargable. But prove me wrong if i'm wrong here. Looking for the best bang for the buck brightest light with a cool UI. Needs to be rugged in construction and waterproof. Needs to be small enough to fit in hunting jacket pocket(usually good sized pockets) but would be nice if it fit in jean pocket too.

Is that too much to ask out of one light for 70 bucks or less?

So far on my radar is the NightCore D10. I noticed the D10 has an R2 on 4Sevens.com. Whats the difference in the original and the R2? What else should I consider? Thanks!

DM51

Flashaholic
It causes confusion and duplication to have 2 similar threads running in different forums, and for this reason it is also against CPF rules (in this case Rule 9).

Moderators can move a thread for you, but only to the forum most appropriate for the topic of the thread. The likely number of readers is not a consideration in this.

This thread is closed - please continue in your original one.

Status
Not open for further replies.