TW4 LED lights

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody have any idea of how many of these were "assembled"??? Sorry for the cryptic title but probably only owners will reply. Thanks smokin

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did TW do something to designate them as "official" TW4s? I thought they were just L4s with E1* bodies.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did TW do something to designate them as "official" TW4s? I thought they were just L4s with E1* bodies.
The "real" TW4s were handpicked for their low forward voltage, or at least their apparent ability to run at decent brightness on a single primary, or in regulation on a R123(I'm sure they weren't actually disassembled to check the individual LEDs).
Mine ran in full regulation until the battery protection kicked in on a R123. Something like half an hour on the old Battery Station protected cells, as I recall. Robocop here has had it for the last few years, and still uses it on a Vital Gear one cell body.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
TW = Tactical Warehouse, a dealer that discovered the combo. I have no idea how many they sold but suspect that individuals still are attempting to find the magic combo of a KL4 head that will run for a very long time on a single cell body (originally a primary CR123 cell).
I personally went through a few heads to get my 2 TW4's and long ago modded one with a Cree.
Mine run for 5+ hrs on a primary cell.

Last edited:

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not believe it is the "new" KL4s but the older versions. how they operate so long I do believe is through that hand selection process TW went through to assure great performance with the single cell body. Mine goes for 6+ hours before dropping into regulation mode. Thanks for the replys , all info is helpful smokin

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reminder link, I now know I have the 100 lumen head!! My curiosity was sparked by just how long I have been using the same battery(battery station) I am at my daughters home following triple bypass surgery and have been here since march, and am still on the same battery since arriving, and it is still amazingly bright. Thanks to all respondents for all the excellent info and links.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
thank you and yes I am feeling somewhat better but the surgery sites are no walk in the park to heal up had to go back in VA hosp for a case of cellulitis (not the same as cellulite) LOL it is a subdermal infection that trashes your energy reserves big time and requires massive antibacterial IVs and pills at home once released