New Guy

Big Show

Newly Enlightened
I have been researching high-end LED flashlights for the last week and I decided to join in order to thank you guys for all of your previous posts on various models. Your testing and insight makes this forum very enjoyable. I thought I had it narrowed down to the Olight M20 Warrior until I saw the new Fenix TA20 and 21! I guess it is back to my research. Thanks again guys.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome: Keep at it and you'll get the info you need. Not to knock other newcomers but it good to see someone doing a lot of research and not asking for a recommendation off the bat when there are numerous threads to read through. Good job on the researching!

mpkav

Newly Enlightened
I say buy them all!!! That way there will be no regrets!!!!! Welcome, this is a great forum :nana:

dirtech

Enlightened
The research is 3/4 of the fun. Discovery of all the fantastic options and starting to drool over a possible purchase is the best part. Once you get the light and the initial awsomeness wears off, the light is still useful, but you want to learn about the next super awesome light you're going to buy.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The research is 3/4 of the fun. Discovery of all the fantastic options and starting to drool over a possible purchase is the best part. Once you get the light and the initial awsomeness wears off, the light is still useful, but you want to learn about the next super awesome light you're going to buy.

Well said ;)

If you take enough time doing research you might never buy a light...there is always a new light just around the river bend...better in some way...maybe. Not that that`s a bad thing...saves your wallet. But at some point you just have to jump in...

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
its the reasoning my friend had with computers years back. "i am such an geek by nature so i must have the latest greatest newest equipment at the moment.. i must buy the best available if i buy something. and i just cant stand spending that much money on something hi-tech that will be old-tech in few months.. so i wont buy one at all."

research is smart thing to do. saves ALOT of money.. make less mistakes in purchases and end up with something you actually do like.

i am still working on that aspect that i will NOT get exited of something and buy it without really thinking if i truly need it. i tend to listen the "i want" nerve more often that is wise.

about 6 months into this hobby and i can say i only have few flashlight things i kind of regret buying. luckily those were rather cheap, and also needed in the learning curve of what i like and dont like. so they serve a purpose in that respect.

study, listen and think what you need and want and study more and you are likely to end up with something you actually use.