Cano's LED Venting and Question Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to my little corner of the world where I ask your expertise to help me make a decision buying a new LED light. I go through many moods after reading all these threads and yes.... I got sucked into buying all these different flashlights just like everyone else here in the forums. But I realize I have to put my spending under control, and I should really get all my questions I have about my future purchases here on this thread before jumping the gun!:xyxgun:

So far this forum had shown me how to mod a cheap Maglite into something more exciting, find great lights for my bike riding at night, find a dependable EDC light, find a keychain light that won't wake up the family at night, but will get you to the bathroom safely, etc. The list is still growing, and my fascination for flashlights does not seem to ever want to settle...

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Currently I find myself wanting to buy a Ra light. I am attracted to the durability, design, and collectivity factor of these lights. I've read alot of threads saying how versatile the UI is, how great the beam is, etc.

I want to carry this monster around with me as an EDC, but am worried about the bulk in my pocket. It looks rather thick compared to the D10 which is pretty much perfect for my EDC purposes at the moment.

Also I prefer AA lights, and I just realized this is a CR123 flashlight :sigh:
I like the availability of the AA battery, even though I do admire the power of a CR123 battery. If I can help it I would take the AA battery over the CR123 any day though for survival uses, and EDC. Is there any plans for a RA light to use AA batteries in the future? Or are there any tubes that are 3rd party with the same durability that will support the AA battery?

Does anyone own the both the Clicky Executive and the Clicky Executive EDC? I dont want to buy the EDC and miss out on something in the original Executive... I mean Im already spending that much right? Might as well fork over $40 more bucks and get the original. But so far... the only thing that has stuck out to me so far is that the EDC is 20 lumens less than the Clicky Executive.... Am I missing anything else here?

Last edited:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive also been curious about purchasing an EZAA, but been seeing alot of little glitches from reading the threads. Is it worth buying it now? Or is V2 more promising?

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far I am leaning towards the RA EDC Executive... just not sure if the narrow beam is a noticeable difference in throw or if it doesn't make too big of a difference to the naked eye... (20%)... currently looking for beam comparisons.... :shakehead

DM51

Flashaholic
This is an aimless monologue / blog, which is inappropriate here and has attracted no interest anyway. It's closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.