Noob in need of direction

Buck-O

Newly Enlightened
Hey y'all. I'm looking to upgrade some mini mags 2xAA and 2xAAA, plus 2xC and 3xD maglights. After 5 days of looking around at lights in general, I'm pretty much overwhelmed with what all is available. I took a chance and ordered a Romisen RC-K4 because of the battery versability, but that's beside the point. Any recommendations for maglight upgrades, or should I just ditch them and start over?

buck-o

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
what marduke said.. with led upgrades one can prolong the life of good maglite.

but also.. one can get same or bigger output of 3d in smaller size as minimag with modern led flashlight.

most end up upgrading/updating the maglites with leds.. then they buy one new flashlight.. and after that the maglites start to seem so big and heavy so they end up in cars trunks and garages as "just in case i need one" and "dont care if they get lost" lights.

and buy more modern new led lights. cycle is ready.

Buck-O

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply, guys. I'm surprised I missed the maglite thread with all the browsing I did, but I was looking at a lot of stuff, so I may have numbed out. I do recall seeing one mod somewhere that used some radiator hose to fit some 123's in a c cell with a higher voltage bulb, essentially turning a 2-C into a 6-D. That sounded pretty cool. Don't know the run time, tho.

I'm hip to the led bandwagon. tho not as big time as yous guys. My first led was a 3W luxeon Dorcy from Sears 2 years ago, which has been my go-to light since then. But it's kinda big for EDC, which is why I'd like to mod my 3AAA minimag, which fits just right in my back pocket. Can't leave home without it. That, a pen, a credit card and a swiss army knife will pretty much take care of things. (not counting a shotgun, but that's a different thread.)

Like I said in my first post, I ordered a Romisen to check out the newer generation of lights. A cheapie, I know, but I wanted to start small and maybe work my way up the food chain. I'll post a report after I get a chance to use it a bit. In the meantime, I have to decide what to do with my Mags, as they have been loyal partners over the years. And besides, you never know when you may have to smack someone (I live in Chicago.)

buck-o