? on my new M6

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
? on my new M6

Ok UPS has arrived! I have a few questions. There appears to be notches like my other SF light on the LOTC, however when they are aligned the light will turn on when pressure is applied anywhere on the LOTC not just the button. Also the light it throws is not round but more like a football, and there is a bad dark spot right in the middle from 2' to 25'? The HOLA seems to have a larger dark spot. Just wondering if this is all normal?
BTW this thing is bright I can't wait for sun down.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ? on my new M6

Because the M6 has a large diameter turn switch, it will show more of the effect of the thread tolerances. That is, at a certain range near the contact-making point, you can press on the top, not even on the button, and it will move just enough to close the circuit.
All turn switches will show that kind of behaviour when they are close to the make-contact point. It's the same if you screw in an Arc AAA head just enough - it will light from pressing on the head without any further turning, same principle. You have to give the M6 a good half-turn to be positive that it's locked out.

The 250 Lumen MN20 LOLA does have a slightly oval beam, but the 500 Lumen MN21 HOLA is perfectly round. It's the same with the P60 LOLA and P61 HOLA.

About the dark spot, I've not ever heard of that in an M6 beam before.

Jahn

Ps - you'll enjoy the display after nightfall. I love the M6 - one of the most authoritative lights you can buy. Try the 250 Lumen beam for any normal use, it really is "enough".

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by lightlover:

The 250 Lumen MN20 LOLA does have a slightly oval beam, but the 500 Lumen MN21 HOLA is perfectly round. It's the same with the P60 LOLA and P61 HOLA.

About the dark spot, I've not ever heard of that in an M6 beam before.

Jahn

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">With my first M6 the MN20 was slightly oval & MN21 was perfectly round. However, with my newest M6 BOTH the MN20 & MN21 beams were oval, that didn't make me happy since I knew it was possible to have a perfectly round MN21.
frown.gif

As far as the dark spots I'm not really sure what's wrong. I mean almost all of my "big" surefires have very slight dark spots at close range against a white wall if you look hard enough but if you are seeing very dark or black spots even at 20' are more then you may have a problem.

Big Tex

Enlightened

The slightly oval beam on mine does not bother me but I would be concerned about the dark spot.

fasteddie

Enlightened

The dark spots may be caused by fried spots on your retina. The M6 is one bright light!! After using the M6, when I pick up my ARC AAA, its like there is no light at all!