Just Got My New Fenix E20!

recDNA

Flashaholic
I know to real afficiandos this flashlight won't seem very exciting but it's perfect for me.

I was looking for an LED I could focus and it does - very well.

I wanted bright - it isn't compared to a TK40 or a light cannon but it IS brighter than any other flashlight I own including an 80 lumen CR123 model so there is no question in my mind I am getting the 100+ lumens Fenix claims. It's way brighter and whiter than my 3 D Cell Maglite.

I wanted AA convenience. Got that.

I wanted simple - on/off full power without modes and strobes.

I wanted quality - looks great to me so far.

I also love the clicky that lets me blink with a little pressure without turning on the flashlite.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Love mine. Simple...dependable and bright.

I am going to look for a 2 CR123 size model too just because I've decided that is the size I like best. The one thing I don't like about my E20 is how thin it is. Nice rough grip on it though.

I wonder (at some later date) if I wanted to put in a brighter LED that can still run on 2 AA's if it is possible to change the LED? It seems like new efficient LED's are coming out all the time.

Last edited:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
get a tk11 ..it will be nice thicker grip you probably like vs say pd30 and its very bright :twothumbs

recDNA

Flashaholic
get a tk11 ..it will be nice thicker grip you probably like vs say pd30 and its very bright :twothumbs

My next light is going to be something bigger and brighter but I'll keep the TK11 in mind the next time my wife wants to be my a "thank-you" present. She's great like that. If I surprise her by completing some project she has in mind I always get some little reward.

bodhran

Enlightened
If you like it...that's all that matters. It's nice once in awhile to have a nice but simple, easy to use light. I like mine. :)

AusKipper

Enlightened
I would love my E20 if i didnt already have a TK20 lol.

Sadly for my E20 I do already have a TK20, so it just sits on the filing cabinet.. unused.

Of course the TK20 was nearly twice the price :)

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I use my E2O as one of my camping lights.I modified the reflector so there is zero throw it's all flood now and it will light up my entire campsite with ease.You can get the same results by simply using your light with the bezel off give it a try and check out the flood on this thing.

strinq

Enlightened
Thinking of getting this for my dad to draw him away from cheap incans. Was trying it the other day at a shop at is seems solid and well built. Still considering...