My new Arc

Willieboy

Newly Enlightened
I received my little ARC AAA GS today. It has the natural HA finish. I have no complaints about fit or finish. It's a slick little light and seems too nice to hang on my key ring to get banged around...hopefully, I'll get over that notion.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't worry about it. You'll be surprised how well the finish holds up.

I love the feel of a "broken in" Arc AAA.

rickcarpenter

Newly Enlightened
...and seems too nice to hang on my key ring to get banged around...hopefully, I'll get over that notion.

I have a Soli on my keyring and put blue painter's tape on it first for no stickum residue then over that some black fabric tape that wears like iron. Only the exposed endcap edges ano have gotten worn off.

(For Arc content and why I'm here, I am considering buying a AAA if I can get comfortable about the "egg-shaped" beam according to one post)

Haz

Enlightened
I had mine on my keychain for a few years, the finish on it can take quite a beating for the keys. There is a little wear from the corners, due to the thinner HA coating, but that's expected

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a natural HA Arc AAA on my key ring for years with no discernible effect on the finish. The anodizing on the Arc AAA is very resilient. Other HA AAA lights did not fare so well even over a period of 3 months. This was a first generation Arc AAA but the new ones ought to weather key rings just as well.

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
I know the feeling, I was hesitant to put my titanium Olight AAA on the keys, but I hit the finish with a brillo pad and that made it much easier, plus the satin finish shows wear much less.

jargon

Newly Enlightened
No worries on arc it's golden ! I carry mine on my key chain everyday and it looks great .

Not sure why so many people call them classics now, that little light is my #1 keychain light next to my photon micro.

Buttery smooth head rotation, nice beam, plenty bright ! I like the no thrills no modes etc on a key chain light.

:twothumbs

Beampower

Newly Enlightened
Congrats! Nice choice, i got my Arc Ti AAA yesterday as a present from my wife, and guess what the Darn thing wont work! Have tried several batteries and nothing, not even a blip. This obviously came highly recommended,and is of sentimental value from my Wife. So i will send it back to the US,and get a refund,and its back to the drawing board as they say! Any suggestions for an alternative reliable AAA light would be much appreciated. Happy Christmas Everyone!! :eek:

fyrstormer

Banned
Before you give up on your Ti Arc AAA, make sure the circuit board is jammed absolutely all the way into the head of the light, and cut about 2mm off the plastic wrapping around the battery at the negative terminal. For some reason my Ti Arc AAA won't work with some batteries unless I do this, but I always have a knife in my pocket so it's not a big deal.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put a neck lanyard on mine and dedicated my left pant pocket as my "EDC holster." They still are one of my favorite lights. I have them in all my 1st aid/disaster kits.