Fenix L1D CE questions

MiniMag_Crazy_Greg

Newly Enlightened
Just received an L1D CE in the mail today, I love dem Fenixes!! :twothumbs But I thought it odd that the head does not have the MOD # / SN# stamped on the barrel of the head, like my other Fenixes, even my keychain E01 has a serial number. Does anyone NOT have a SN#on their L1D CE as well? Also, the reflector is nearly smooth, forgive my ignorance, but I thought the L1D has an OP reflector. I'm wondering if I bought a "knock-off" Fenix. The head at the + POS end does not look like my other Fenixes. It does however, have "2D" printed on the PCB just above the + POS terminal. I can provide photos if needed. Thanks for any help!!

Marduke

Flashaholic
Sounds like old (but real) stock. Some models did come with smooth reflectors, and the head knurling pattern did change.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Just received an L1D CE in the mail today, I love dem Fenixes!! :twothumbs But I thought it odd that the head does not have the MOD # / SN# stamped on the barrel of the head, like my other Fenixes, even my keychain E01 has a serial number. Does anyone NOT have a SN#on their L1D CE as well? Also, the reflector is nearly smooth, forgive my ignorance, but I thought the L1D has an OP reflector. I'm wondering if I bought a "knock-off" Fenix. The head at the + POS end does not look like my other Fenixes. It does however, have "2D" printed on the PCB just above the + POS terminal. I can provide photos if needed. Thanks for any help!!

I believe that the L1D CE is form xmas 2007, that was before Fenix started with serial number, but some of their lights had a lot number.
Fenix has sold lights both with SMO and OP reflectors. I have a P2D from 2007 and it also has the 2D on the PCB in the head (P2D, L1D, L2D all uses the same head).

MiniMag_Crazy_Greg

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like old (but real) stock. Some models did come with smooth reflectors, and the head knurling pattern did change.

Yeah, I did some research and you are correct, flashlightreviews.com has a great photo of the smooth reflector. Thanks!!

I believe that the L1D CE is form xmas 2007, that was before Fenix started with serial number, but some of their lights had a lot number.
Fenix has sold lights both with SMO and OP reflectors. I have a P2D from 2007 and it also has the 2D on the PCB in the head (P2D, L1D, L2D all uses the same head).

I am just a stickler for details, but as this is only my 4th Fenix, I had no idea whether or not it should have at least the MOD# stamped on the head. Thanks for getting back to me!

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is definately an old fenix like others have said. I have an old L2D-CE with the old knurling and lack of serial #. I can post pics if wanted.

MiniMag_Crazy_Greg

Newly Enlightened
This is definately an old fenix like others have said. I have an old L2D-CE with the old knurling and lack of serial #. I can post pics if wanted.

:thumbsup: Thanks Zipplet! I don't think I'll need photos. I purchased it off of that site where you bid, bid, and bid again........and hope that what you bid on is what shows up on your door-step. So far it seems to be in near-new condition, just some tiny tiny nicks, all functions work as expected, and all original parts included. A+ to the seller........only 3 hours to darkness!! :devil: Need to do further testing on my new-old Fenix.

Last edited:

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll enjoy it. There is nothing wrong with the old design fenix either :) I still like my L2D-CE.