3 AA Mini Maglite torture test

hiluxxulih

Enlightened
Well I did a little impromptu torture test today , I can say for sure that a 3AA minimag LED can be run over by a #7000 + Hyster electric forklift on concrete twice and still run , then be thrown up the air and land on pavement and concrete and still run . hum shall I dare run it over with the fully loaded #80,000 truck :whistle:

MiniMag_Crazy_Greg

Newly Enlightened
+1 for picts!!

I found an incan. AA mini-m@g while driving down the road, must have fallen out of someone's car/truck. It was intact, but scratched up. Twisted head....no light, lots of sand in head-threads, cleaned it out and inserted spare bulb from it's tail-end, worked like a charm. :D Even the duracell copper tops worked as new!! I was driving to work and I spotted it out of the corner of my eye on my right and absolutely had to turn around and check it out.

Last edited:

broncoman529

Newly Enlightened
I have a black 3AA Maglite L.E.D. and I love it. I currently carry a surefire 6P L.E.D. but that does not mean I don't like the Maglites. For years I have used Maglites(L.E.D. and incandescent) and they take a beating. I think Maglite makes one of the best flashlights ever. I know the L.E.D.'s don't have a great heatsink and their beam is not so pure, and dammit I dropped the damn thing(Incandescent) again and the filimant broke...BAH. But what flashlight can you spend $7.00-$21.00 on and it be simply indestructable. I used to submerge my Mag in the river when I went night fishing, I've dropped them down cliffs while hiking at night, I even dropped a 2D so far on to rocks that the bulb inside shattered but the rest was still fine. I have every size and shape of Maglite and I think they are one of the best. It's so easy to replace a bulb from the tailcap, I have done it many times in the pitch black :) Torture it all you want my friend.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast

+1,000 We NEED pictures!!! :poke:

Your test results come as no surprise to me...for a couple of years now, I've read a lot of people badmouth these lights, saying they're pieces of crap, but I liked my 2AA. I carried it for over a year at work, exposing it to a LOT of use and abuse, it survived several drops to the concrete, a couple of them from the top of an 8' ladder and it never failed me. It's been a solid workhorse of a light, and is very useable in the real world. For a Lux III, it even had a great tint...much better than the Mag 2AA Rebel Multi-mode (which is a great light) I got for my B-day a few months ago. I'd still be packing it, if it hadn't been messed up by leaky alkies. :shakehead

The only thing I didn't like, was the sudden darkness when the batteries ran out. :candle:

We NEED PICTURES!!!!!! :poke:

Dark Laser

Newly Enlightened
Hmm...I wanted to have a second look at them perhaps 3 months ago. But the pics were already not available.
A short time after I visited CPF for the first time, I could see them - poor Minimag (I think it is a very good backup/low output light) :(:eek:oo:. Somehow quite funny though :naughty:.

hiluxxulih

Enlightened
There really isn't that much visual damage to the light that would show up on camera , it has been used as a hammer a few times so it also has a lot of nicks and scratches :whistle: it also looks like it bent a bit .