C mag questions

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 4C plastic body dive light in a two by two configuration and would like to use it to drive two p7s in a C maglight head.
Will someone tell me what the outside diameter of the C tube is?
Might a good heat sink in just the head be sufficient?

Al Combs

Enlightened
If you mean the OD of the battery tube, it's 1¼ inches. But if you mean the reflector housing, that's the same as the D-cell version, 2¼ inches. It has a slightly different taper, but it's the same diameter.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, I did mean the tube but teh info abou the head is interesting, I never noticed they qwere the same.
Gloom, the plastic body is 1 3/8 and does not look like it can take a loss of 1/8 with out weakenig it.

Al Combs

Enlightened
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by, "taking a loss of 1/8 without weakening" for a MagC to fit. Wouldn't it go inside this housing? From the brief description it sounds like a rattling around problem. Got a picture?

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by, "taking a loss of 1/8 without weakening" for a MagC to fit. Wouldn't it go inside this housing? From the brief description it sounds like a rattling around problem. Got a picture?
This is the light and the reason I've liked the form factor for many years.
I was hoping the C Mag head would be able to fit where the head is but that diameter is 1 3/8s. I'm going to pick up a 3 C mag and find out.