victor01

Newly Enlightened
Continued from Part 1 and Part 2

The upcoming Liteflux LF2XT :popcorn:

Following photo is provided by juplin who has contributed in post #19 below
16-Closed.jpg

Quoted from LED Cool from post #43
hi everyone!
LiteFlux ETA on the LF2XT is around early May.
it will have the following features.
CREE XRE Q5 LED.
mostly likely a dual UI like the LF3XT, depending if LiteFlux can manage to squeeze in the codes for both UI into a different but very compact MCU with less memory (EPROM) than the MCU of the LF3XT.
definitely use an electronic clicky like the LF3XT.
OP reflector.
detachable clip and a keychain attachment.
natural HA III finish.
i will try to answer your questions on the LF2XT.
thanks.
khoo

by the way, should i start a pre-order thread in CPF marketplace? what do you think?

And later followed up by LED Cool

good point on the suggestion of the auto-off function giving warning before commencing shut down. i will pass it on to LiteFlux.
one more thing i forgot to mentioned, if there is sufficient MCU memory, LiteFlux may add a temporarily override command in the auto-off function.
lets say for example the auto-off function is enabled and auto-off time period is set at 3 minutes. you turn on your LF2XT and know you will need light for more than 3 minutes. so instead of pressing the button every 3 minutes when the warning is triggered, you just enter a command (e.g. 3xC) and the auto-off function is temporarily disabled. when finished using your LF2XT, click it off and put it in your pocket with your keys etc. if your LF2XT is accidentally turn on in your pocket, the auto-off function will turn off the light after 3 minutes.
also there will be a change of LED used in the LF2XT. instead of CREE XR-E Q5, it will now use CREE XP-E Q3 warm tint (5A OR 5B).
your can lock out the LF2XT by loosening the head, just like in the LF3XT & LF5XT.
thank you everyone for the auto-off time period suggestion. please keep posting your comments and suggestions as LiteFlux does read this particular LF2XT thread.

khoo

ok. some important updates on the LF2XT which i think you all have been anxiously waiting for.

1. confirmed LF2XT will have both Compact user interface (CUI) & Full user interface interface (FUI).
2. auto-off function can be turn on/off by user. time period is set at 3 minutes with overriding command. SORRY no AUTO-ON FEATURE!!!
:ohgeez:
3. user can turn on/off over-discharge protection while still in CUI. (in LF3XT, you have to go to FUI to do so)
4. user can turn on/off auto-off while in CUI.
5. battery voltage report will show to 2 decimal places (eg. 1.29V or 1.21V) giving you a more accurate picture on the battery status.
6. 4 functions can be directly access without going into a menu system. these are :-
a) momentary on/off.
b) over-discharge protection on/off.
c) memory on/off.
d) auto-off on/off.

7. the LF2XT will take alkaline, NIMH & Li-Ion 10440.
8. bezel down pocket clip & keyring wire loop, both detachable.
9. stainless steel screw-on rim surrounding the electronic clicky.
10. and, i saved the best for last, CREE XPE Q4-3C/D LED. yes! it is an XPE Q4 neutral tint LED!

right now LiteFlux has 90% of the parts required for the assembly of the LF2XT. the last missing piece is the reflector for the XPE LED. I understand the reflector is in production and samples should be available by next week. according to LiteFlux, the beam pattern is typical LiteFlux famous "ring free/hot spot merge smoothly with spill" type.

that is all for now.
khoo

How about these ones :D
04-Weighting_wz_Battery.jpg

15-Disassembled.jpg

14-Lamp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

djshiner

Newly Enlightened
Re: Liteflux LF2XT (Part 2)

Here is a my black finish LF2XT that arrived today.
flash2.jpg

Could someone with both the nutural finish LF2XT and a scale weigh it. My light package weighed in at 7grams less at the post office compared to the naturals that were mailed at the same time. I am curious as to why? It came with all the accessories.

My black finish light weighs 21.5g with no battery (head is 7.4g and body is 14.1g). Maybe it was just the box and/or packaging material.

This is a really nice AAA light. I presently have it set to 3 modes - lowest, 20%, and 50%. Auto Off is on. Nice pocket light.

KuKu427

Enlightened

This is a really nice AAA light. I presently have it set to 3 modes - lowest, 20%, and 50%. Auto Off is on. Nice pocket light.
:thumbsup:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast

My empty natural LF2XT weighs 20.5 grams as per my Dillon digital powder scale.

13.25 grams (body)
7.25 grams (head)
20.5 grams (total flashlight - no battery)

Perhaps there are machining tolerances which account for the weight difference... I can't imagine the finish accounting for the 1 gram (4.9%) weight difference... or could it?

Last edited:

djshiner

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for checking. One gram isn't that far off. I was using a no.1165 digital scale that I got from that Dealer that has eXtreme slow shipping times. Tolerance of the scales comes into too.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have some calibrated scales :D
" AND NO!! I DON'T DEAL DRUGS" :poke:

So i'll weigh my LF2XT natural when it arrives and report here ;)

Last edited:

HighLumens

Enlightened

flash2.jpg

Could someone with both the nutural finish LF2XT and a scale weigh it. My light package weighed in at 7grams less at the post office compared to the naturals that were mailed at the same time. I am curious as to why? It came with all the accessories.

My black finish light weighs 21.5g with no battery (head is 7.4g and body is 14.1g). Maybe it was just the box and/or packaging material.

man, we had the same idea (using the flowchart as a background for the pics) :grin2:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

EDIT: Post deleted!
The two recesses on the side of the pill are designed to facilitate pill removal.
P1000068.JPG

PLEASE DO NOT USE THE TWO HOLES LOCATED ON THE PCB AS DAMAGE MAY OCCUR!

I apologize for my previous statement and hope no harm was caused. :crazy:

I hope everyone saw this revised post about pill removal.

I just happened to run across it days after reading the original.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just received this email from Gary Lee at LiteFlux in response to my opinion that this bug should be fixed.. I may have been a bit tough on LiteFlux for thinking they did not understanding the significance of the auto-off bug, that it not only shortens the auto-off time, but also makes it impossible to change the number of modes. It seems that they do understand. Hopefully, a solution will be forthcoming.

Gary, below, gives a better explanation of what happens when you attempt to change modes while Auto-OFF function is on. Gary's latter remarks about me becoming a beta tester for LiteFlux makes me believe Gary must be following this forum. I never volunteered that idea to him. Either that or great minds think alike? :grin2:

Bill,

Thanks so much for the reply and advice.

I may have misled you a little in my previous email. Let me try it again:

With the Auto-Off function is active, when you attempt to change the number of modes, instead of writing to the mode counter, you actually write to the Auto-Off time counter. So, after you do a save. The mode number will not be changed (because the mode counter wasn't altered), but the Auto-Off time get changed. The auto-off time is no longer 3 min, but becomes:

8 sec * (the mode number you intended to change)

For example, if you attempt to change the number of modes to 3, with the Auto-Off function is ON. after the save. The mode number remains the same (will not be changed), instead, the auto-off time now is no longer 3 min but becomes 24 sec (8 sec * 3)

I agree with you totally, this bug would be a feature if the users could change the Auto-Off time back to 3 min without doing a factory reset.

When I acknowledged this bug, the 1st thing came to mind was that you should be one of the beta testers. :) Right now all the testers are in Taiwan, because LF can get them the samples easily, no need transit through the ocean - which will take a least 5 days. I will see if that is feasible in the future.

More later..

Thanks again,

Gary

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

Thanks for the update, BabyDoc. I meant to mention that I noticed my light had no o-ring outside of the window, between glass and tube end. This didn't seem normal, either. When I had the reflector out I gave the window a gentle push, and got no movement.

Geoff

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for posting, never saw the revised entry because this thread is growing pretty fast (sales stuff should have been in sales thread). Luckily I would never use a PCB like that, and in the original post it did mentioned the indents, but made some comment they were hard to use. Right there it was very clear to me the PCB was in no way intended as an attachment point. It never is really.

I'm growing into my light slowly, still using it in CUI until I figure I have given it enough time, then I'll set my light up the way I have my others. I am quite impressed that the CUI is enough for most non flashaholics, but I'm not sure auto-off should be disabled as factory default. Maybe it's OK I'll have to see how they address it in the manual. Still have not had time for that... the weekend.

Bonky

Banned

hey has anyone done any in-depth comparisons 'tween the LF2xT and the LF2X (and maybe even the LF2 in either of its LED versions) ?

thx

juplin

Enlightened

Users who enable both the over-discharge protection function and the auto-off function must be aware that after the auto-off function is enabled, the previously enabled over-discharge protection function will not be executed due to insufficient memory space according to the designer.
I personally prefer to use auto-off function indoors before sleeping.
It's not a good idea to use auto-off function outdoors as the alternative to lock-out of switch, since it will have chance to drain your rechargeable battery without the executed over-discharge protection function if the switch tends to be triggered in your pocket or bag over and over again.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Users who enable both the over-discharge protection function and the auto-off function must be aware that after the auto-off function is enabled, the previously enabled over-discharge protection function will not be executed due to insufficient memory space according to the designer.
I personally prefer to use auto-off function indoors before sleeping.
It's not a good idea to use auto-off function outdoors as the alternative to lock-out of switch, since it will have chance to drain your rechargeable battery without the executed over-discharge protection function if the switch tends to be triggered in your pocket or bag over and over again.

Juplin, this is an important post! Thank you!:twothumbs This problem with the auto-function is more serious than the issue I reported with the mode number setting.

This is the first I have heard about the auto-off function disabling the battery protection. I am glad you are making us aware of this, because I was just beginning to wonder about the battery protection, and why it didn't seem to be working in my light. I was using an Eneloop last night and noticed the light was getting dimmer. I checked the voltage and it was only 0.55v according to the LF2XT. I was wondering why the battery protection, that was supposed to be on, had not shut the light down. My Auto-off has been on, which could explain why the battery protection didn't work.

The auto-off function that was added to the light's programming as a last minute "feature" is turning into a nightmare. I guess it is a good thing this is defaulted to off. Not only does this function, when on, screw up your ability to modify the number of modes and the auto-off time period, but it may actually allow the destruction of the batteries that the battery protection is supposed to be saving.

It sounds more and more that the Auto-off function should be used only when you don't need battery protection turned on, e.g. Alkaline or Lithium primaries.

When using rechargables, turn off the Auto-off and turn on the battery protection. Then remember to loosen the barrell of the light to lock-out any accidental activation of your light in your pocket.

Juplin, did the designer reveal to you any other problems? I hope not!

Last edited:

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast

I may not use or need the auto off function but! others will,I'm thinking there will be a lot of LF2XT's flying too and from for repairs very soon :ohgeez: that will be a nightmare for sure :shakehead

E

eliteled

Needle_Tweezers-600x191.jpg

LF2XT-22.jpg

Yes, for the heads-up: If you attempt to remove (or tighten) the pill, for LF2XT, you will need (sharp) needle tweezers, like shown in the photo. And you need to make sure the tweezers are inserted all the way down to the metal part of the module, and twist the whole module. If the tweezers are too big for the holes, you may only twist the PCB part, and that will break the leads inside the metal module and damage the light.

Last edited by a moderator:

juplin

Enlightened

Juplin, did the designer reveal to you any other problems? I hope not!
The problem that auto-off fuction will override the overdischarge protection function was discussed in the forum of Taiwan. As I don't remember if this issue has been mensioned by LED cool or other guys before in CPF, I decide to reiterate this issue in my last post. And this should be the only issue that has been announced in Taiwan but not in CPF.

This issue is very well explained by your wording last minute "feature", as the designer might squeeze too many juices from a small orange IMO. :devil:

Last edited:

wapkil

Enlightened

You will first need to upload to either photobucket or imageshack,do you have either?

Well, as long as you are eliteled, I think the eliteled server should also be ok :grin2: If you don't mind the additional load by the readers of this thread. You can simply put the image link between the "
" tags (without the quotes) or use the "Insert image" icon above the post edit box.

Status
Not open for further replies.