1 Month old Zebralight not working

pteam

Newly Enlightened
I bought 2 h60 zebralights about a month ago and one of them stopped working. There is nothing visually I can see wrong with the contacts or the led itself. Anybody have suggestions? How would I get it warrantied with them being overseas? Is there anything I can try myself to get it working? Its brand new... I have put 5 different batteries in it (trustfire protected 2400 and 2500mah 18650's) none work so it is not the battery. I did get the light to come on for a split second one time...

Last edited:

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had an H60 stop working on me after a couple week's of nightly use at work. I just dropped them a message at their website and they had me send it back to them for repair. Total turnaround time was just a hair over four weeks. I sent a follow up message right at 4 weeks and they said it had already been shipped back. It was at my door two days later. It's been working fine for the last several weeks.

pteam

Newly Enlightened
I did send them a message from their website and got this response:

Hi Jimmy,

We will start to provide customer service to all US based customers from our Texas office before the
end of next week. No more overseas shipping:)
I will let you know once we are ready to that.

Best regards,

Lillian Xu
ZebraLight

That is good information for sure! Is there anything to look at myself to get it working before sending it back?

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try cleaning the contacts with deoxit or isopropyl alcohol and try again :thumbsup:
That's not really doable on this light. The switch is a small sealed momentary unit that's soldered to a circuit board just under the rubber cover. It's basically the same as on this H30:

pteam

Newly Enlightened
I did clean the contacts where the battery connects with rubbing alcohol. To get to the inside one inside the tube I used a Q tip. The light still didnt work...

choaticwhisper

Enlightened
Make sure there is no lube on the end of the body where it is not anodized. It makes contact with the tailcap, near the spring. Also the ring probaly gold around the spring.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
did you by any chance get it wet? Mine recently took on water and went into a constant state of L/M/H ramping mode.

I used a hairdryer to warm the inside of the body tube and outside by the top. It works fine now.:)

pteam

Newly Enlightened
No it didnt get wet. And it hasnt been working for about 2 weeks now so if there was a small amount of wetness from something it would be dry by now.

pteam

Newly Enlightened
Update: I sent the zebralight back to a new department they have in Texas now which is much better than sending it overseas. I'll let you guys know about turnaround time and what happens. In the meantime I bought another one as my mechanics love the light.

pteam

Newly Enlightened
Update: Well its been over 2 weeks since I sent it back and I havn't heard anything...

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Update: Well its been over 2 weeks since I sent it back and I havn't heard anything...

It's been over three weeks since I sent my no longer working H50 to 4-Sevens. They quickly informed me that they were sending it off for repair, but I haven't heard anything since.

I guess it just takes a while for the light to go all the way across the world and back. . . .

kwieto

Newly Enlightened
And if they choose the cheaper type of transport to make some cost-savings, the shipment can take several weeks.

I.e. when you are buying invisible shield products, there is an option to choose transport free of charge, but they are warning that it can be long... One shipment from them took over a month :")

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been over three weeks since I sent my no longer working H50 to 4-Sevens. They quickly informed me that they were sending it off for repair, but I haven't heard anything since.

I guess it just takes a while for the light to go all the way across the world and back. . . .

Oh boy you are in for some waiting, I'm at 2+ months and still waiting.

big beam

Enlightened
Oh boy you are in for some waiting, I'm at 2+ months and still waiting.

I'm having trouble with my H501w.Will not work with cap but if I run a wire to complete the connection between - side of battery and body it works fine.

Where did you send your light back to?Texas,China or 4 sevens.
DON

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm having trouble with my H501w.Will not work with cap but if I run a wire to complete the connection between - side of battery and body it works fine.

Where did you send your light back to?Texas,China or 4 sevens.
DON

I sent back to 47. You should probably just contact ZL directly, all 47 does is to resend your light to ZL and tell you to wait.

Viper715

Enlightened
I had a 501w that I bought from flashlight connection fail. I contacted them by email and had a new light on my doorstep in under a week with a return package with postage on it inside to send them the defective one. I must say I have liked this customer service experience with my zl more than the stories I am hearing here.