Zweibrüder Triplex V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deth

Newly Enlightened
This light can apparently be found under other monickers (Edie Bauer at Target for one), but I picked mine up at my local Fry's Electronics. This version is distributed by Coast Cutlery.

Anyhoo, as a complete novice to LED lighting I wasn't sure what to expect, but have been very pleasantly surprised with the output quality. It has three LEDs deeply recessed in the head, which probably explains the lack of lens or other cover, and the body appears to be aluminum, though it's got a nice heft for it's rather small size (about 7 inches?)

I like the fact that it's not of traditional twist on variety, and instead has a button just below the head. I guess it wouldn't be advisable if you carry it in a belt pouch, but for just sitting on my tech bench it's fine
smile.gif

The light is very white and very even and seems to well light a 200 square foot room. And it's great for working on a motherboard under a table, especially if someone yanked the front panel power switch connector
smile.gif
No excessive glare unlike my Mini Mag 2AA.

The only thing which baffles me is the holes drilled around the circumference of the head. They're for stylistic purposes I assume, since even when the head is mostly unscrewed they let very little light out.

And yes I know there have been a few other topics regarding Zweibrüder lights, but few customer testimonials.

Status
Not open for further replies.