Cabela's new led light

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cabela's has a new led light out. It is a polymer light similar to SF's G2/3 with a clicky 2 stage high/low switch with a Cree XRE P60 type drop-in and uses Cr123 cells. The light has a very warm tint almost incandesent color range to my eyes. It also has a lockout tail cap. The light has 3 versions, 2 cell 80 lumens on high, 3 cell 136 lumens on high and 4 cell 176 lumens on high. Only down side I can see is that I only saw the light in a light sand/tan color, but maybe it can be dyed using Rit dye like the SF G2/G3 I may get one and try it. These are just my observations from handling the lights in the store.

Last edited:

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
i've watched these lights (on the Cabelas' webpages - XPG N-series) for months now with the estimated number of weeks in stock going from several weeks to "in stock" but none to sell (per a phone call to Cabelas) to several weeks delay the very next day. now, finally, they are in and shipping. held off buying them until i read some reviews. you can read some reviews from those who bought them on the Cabelas webpages. last i checked, some days ago, there were four reviews with mixed impressions. IIRC, the average rating was not even a "four out of five star" rating.