2AA thrower

swiftwing

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have any suggestions for a non aspheric 2AA thrower? I've been doing some poking around but the only thing that comes up is the eagletac P100A2.

toolpig1

Enlightened
Just got a Fenix TK20, pretty impressive, really warm tint, looks incan. The pictures don't tell the story, it's a beefy light, much bulkier than the typical 2AA. I like the feel in the hand and the rubber grip will be nice in cold weather.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
x3 TK20. Its not a pure thrower, but it does have a pretty tight spot.
The RC-N3-Q5 is also a pretty tight focus, but its nowhere near the Lumen output off 2AA.

Nightstalker1993

Newly Enlightened
Ahh, but is the eagletac as tough as the fenix??

Why'd you need a light so tough?

Dropped my P100A2 from 2m high bezel down when i left my light in my pants as i hanged it up on a door. And it survived, albeit with chips in the crenelated tooths thingies...

Thats pretty much good enough for me in the toughness department.

Last edited:

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll put it this way: the $13 difference is WELL worth it :whistle:
That $13 may be worth it to some, but I am pretty confidant that the P100A2 will be similarly durable as the TK20. It probably also has a nicer beam pattern because of the XP-E. It seems like the decision would really come down to the tint difference, as both of the lights are very similar otherwise.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
That $13 may be worth it to some, but I am pretty confidant that the P100A2 will be similarly durable as the TK20. It probably also has a nicer beam pattern because of the XP-E. It seems like the decision would really come down to the tint difference, as both of the lights are very similar otherwise.
I agree why? well I have a 26 year old Mag solitaire that's built nothing like what's mentioned and it survived through the UK miners' strike (1984–1985) back then and still is giong :p

loanshark

Enlightened
I like overkill! And I just ordered a TK20. I've wanted one for a while now.

Marduke hasn't steered me wrong yet...

:broke:

Latest posts