Olight T20M

Blacksidesniper

Newly Enlightened
I just bought an Olight T20M from battery junction as an EDC (Every Day Carry) light. Anyone else have this light? Do you think I made a good choice? What are some good batteries to use in this light?

Last edited:

FlashlightsNgear.com

→Formerly d1live←, Flashaholic
Great choice!! Many here at CPF have chosen the M20 due to features, accessories, and build quality. Most people use protected li-ion 18650's or RCR123 batteries, I use Cytac RCR123's in the supplied battery tube and 18650's for a straight drop in and have had 0 problems in several months of hard usage. Contact Battery Junction and see what rechargeable RCR123 they have that fit the Olight Battery tubes.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Actually, I think the OP is referring to the T20 Military, not the M20. The T20 is a slimmer light that won't take 18650 batteries - the maximum width single Li-ion that will fit is 17670 (and some of the protected versions may not make it). RCRs are fine though, as are primary CR123As.

Blacksidesniper

Newly Enlightened
Actually, I think the OP is referring to the T20 Military, not the M20. The T20 is a slimmer light that won't take 18650 batteries - the maximum width single Li-ion that will fit is 17670 (and some of the protected versions may not make it). RCRs are fine though, as are primary CR123As.

Yes, I was talking about the T20M not the M20. I do have one more question though. By RCR are you talking about Rechargeable CR-123As?

travelinman

Enlightened
I've found the Trustfire RCR123's which are protected from shiningbeam to be very reliable and they have a great life. I've used 3 different chargers and have been able to leave them in long after the green light comes on, and tested each time for overcharge.

The only charger that I haven't been too happy with is the Ultrafire WF 139 which consistently undercharges (4.06v) all my RCR123s. Not as bad as overcharging, and maybe they will last longer with the undercharging.

FlashlightsNgear.com

→Formerly d1live←, Flashaholic
Oops, thanks SB for catching that :) Several of my friends carry the T-20 and use the RCR123 (rechargeable li-ion) batteries and say they do fine, compared to the regular CR123 batteries you do lose alittle run-time using the RCR123's. Pressure switches and filters are great options for the T20 as well :) Enjoy

travelinman

Enlightened
I "modified" my pockets to allow me to EDC an Olight M20. First I removed the rear anti-roll ring.

Then I stitched up from the bottom of the pocket approx. 1.5" in from the outer seam. This effectively makes a second small pocket the will hold the flashlight vertical in your pocket, right about on the outer leg seam. Don't stitch all the way up, it will be too hard to get at the light. Just up about 1/2 way will do nicely.

It works great, even on jeans.