P100A2 vs RC-G2 II Q5

hoffmand

Newly Enlightened
I know these are fairly new lights but I was wondering if anyone knows they would compare to each other. I need a good (and simple UI) light to keep around the house for night walks, looking outside at strange noises, etc., and these two seem like good values. Is there any reason to pay twice as much for the P100A2?

Thanks,
Dave

Tempsho

Newly Enlightened
Quality? Lifetime guarantee? Sounds like 2 pretty good reasons to me!

hoffmand

Newly Enlightened
I didn't realize the Eagletac had a lifetime warranty. That's a pretty good reason right there.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Eagletac does indeed have a lifetime warranty, and actual customer support who will solve all of your problems for you (well only problems related to the light...). I'm not sure if Romisen offers any warranty of any kind.

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
P100A2 offers 2 modes and the G2 only one - one that should be higher than the G2 and one that should be lower. In general mode the P100A2 should still run nicely on alkalines in an emergency. Because it's a 2 cell light the ET probably runs better on Turbo with alkalines than the G2 as well although it's pushing the cells very hard.

The G2 is less than half the price. That's a bit of a warranty in and of it self. If it dies you can replace it...potentially with a higher spec light later. The G2 is also smaller although it sounds like that's less of an issue in your usage.

hoffmand

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, size really isn't an issue since it will live on a shelf. Ideally, I'd like one of those crazy MC-E or P7 monsters, but that's not realistic. Since I have plenty of Eneloops and a smaller budget, it looks like the P100A2 is the way to go.