• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Traded: Surefire L1 modded with Q3 5A and McR-19XR reflector - with beamshot vs. A2

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
One of my favorite EDC lights is up for sale. This is a Surefire L1 which I have modded to use a Cree XR-E Q3 5A LED. It has a cut down McR19-XR reflector and a UCL lens for maximum light transmission and to allow the reflector to be a bit longer. This light competes handily with a Surefire A2 as you can see from the beamshot. The L1 is the one on the left with more spill than the A2.
When I put these beams on a white wall, a friend of mine that owns 4 A2s could not tell the beams apart! But unlike the A2, this has a nice warm low in addition to the warm high thanks to the neutral white 5A tint LED. If you love the UI of the A2 but wish it had a warmer low and used an efficient LED, then this is the light for you. If you wish your L1 had a warmer tint and a balance of throw and spill for making your way around, then this is the light for you! :party:

The LED is bonded directly to the heat sink with Arctic Silver thermal epoxy, so it has excellent heat dissipation. This light does not enter direct drive on a rechargeable unlike some of the other L1 variants. On an AW IMR16340 it draws just over 0.5 Amps on high, so no worries about cooking the LED when not using a primary. The pictures show the slight nicks in the bezel. I am asking $200 for this light, which includes shipping by USPS Priority Mail with insurance and DC in the US.

The L1 has been traded.

P1030223.jpg

P1030966.jpg

P1030967.jpg

P1030968.jpg

SOLD: I also have one extra MC-E LED for sale. It is a 5A tint J output bin from Eprom. I am asking what I paid, $30 shipped USPS First Class. This is the emitter only. It is still in the original packaging and has never been touched, so no pic is needed. :D I cannot replace this if it is lost in transit, so please do not consider me responsible for it once I deliver it to the post office. It will be well packaged and protected by an anti-static bag and against crushing.

First to post, "I'll take it" gets it. Payment by Paypal cash or credit. PM me for the PP address and include if you will pay by cash or credit card (different accounts).

Last edited:

Viper715

Enlightened
Re: FS: 1 MC-E 5A tint J bin $30

Man that light sounds great. Bump to the top for a cool light. I have a E2L with the same mod and I just love the tint.

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: SF L1 modded with Q3 5A and McR19, 1 MC-E 5A tint J bin $30

I'll take your MC-E 5A J bin for $30 shipped
PM incoming

Latest posts