Is a SF G2 (either P60 or M60L) ok to mount on AR15? battery connectivity with recoi

Fooboy

Enlightened
In the mean time would mount it with a P60 (incan) lamp with the intention to eventually replace with MALKOFF M60L.

Should I be concerned with recoil and battery connection or anything like that - with either the incan or led assemblies?

Do you need special assemblies to handle recoil or anything? What I don't want to have happen is the light to flicker or the led/lamp assembly to break or get fatigued under recoil.

The reason I ask is I see Surefire has a seperate tactical series with dual springs and shock isolation for the led/lamp assemblies.

Thanks.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the mean time would mount it with a P60 (incan) lamp with the intention to eventually replace with MALKOFF M60L.

Should I be concerned with recoil and battery connection or anything like that - with either the incan or led assemblies?

Do you need special assemblies to handle recoil or anything? What I don't want to have happen is the light to flicker or the led/lamp assembly to break or get fatigued under recoil.

The reason I ask is I see Surefire has a seperate tactical series with dual springs and shock isolation for the led/lamp assemblies.

Thanks.

You don't have to worry about recoil if you use an LED, especially if you use a Malkoff.

Surefire uses a shock isolation system only for lamps, not LED's because they don't need it.

If you have not purchased the G2 then purchase a 6P or Malkoff MD2 hosts w/M30 and resister ring. This would give you 2 modes and all you need is a single battery 18650 size for super bright long runtimes. If I had a 6P then I would get an M60.

My G2 has an M60LLF:twothumbs

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Yes the SF incan recoil system is just to prevent the hot filament from getting killed. LED's don't need it. If you have an LED in there and it blinks a bit while firing then try stretching the springs just a little and see if that cures it. I find that if you get a blink it is usually pretty small but if you are trying to use a multi mode drop-in then it can be a huge PITA if the mode switch cycle time is uber short.
If you use the incan bulb with no shock absorbing bezel then you run the real risk of having the light die on the first shot because the bulb will die. A scary proposition if you are shooting in a critical situation.
Get an M60L or M60WL ASAP.

Last edited: