Eternalight clone?

TMorita

Enlightened
Looking for something similar to an Eternalight, with multiple LEDs and multiple modes for a friend's kid. He loves flashlights. Any suggestions?

Toshi

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a note on the TA site indicating TA closed up shop in '07, but the website is still selling some of their products. There's no indication if the TA lights are still being produced, or if the site is just selling off remaining stock.

My kid loves the Zzz...Light, and my wife's been bugging me to write a similar nightlight app for her iPhone.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
As far as I can tell TechAss is done for the time being as far as making lights. Last time I checked I did not see anything in stock.

Instead, how about a Kroma?

To be honest I can't think of any lights quite like an Eternalight.

TMorita

Enlightened
Why not a real eternaLight?

Already gave him an EternaLight Rav'n. He loves it. And a Streamlight 3C.
I give him a new flashlight every year.
A Kroma is a bit expensive. I'm thinking maybe $50 or so.

Toshi

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Photon Rex? Multi LEDs with the photon UI. Doesn't have the reazzle dazzle of the Eternalight but isn't bad. Drawback for the intended recipient though would be the odd and tiny recharging leads.

Another idea is the Inova 24/7. Has plenty of blink-y modes and stuff, and pretty durable.

d33pt

Newly Enlightened
Looking for something similar to an Eternalight, with multiple LEDs and multiple modes for a friend's kid. He loves flashlights. Any suggestions?

Toshi

I have a yellow eternalight in good condition that i'd sell. let me know if you are interested.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
TA does appear to still have stock left. What I see as being listed most often as OOS are the refurbished/resale items, the Derringers, and old models but it's probably a good idea to call & see what's available. They are very unique products.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
TA sold to someone else, who is taking care of warranty issues and I assume still selling lights.

If you can't find him, email or PM me and I'll search my transactions. He replaced a cracked body and sold me some LEDs. Really nice guy.