An unsophisticated LED flashlight user...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
I'm 53. I can remember when a "key-chain" flashlight was something that lit up, but was unusable for anything but finding the keyhole. And, it barely did that! Certainly no good for walking around. I've progressed through several Photons, Pelicans, and a Streamlite "Clip-Mate". However, I've been using my single triple A, "special edition" Arc light for about a month now and it's easily the best of the lot. It amazes me how bright the light is and, incredibly (to me, anyway) it hasn't dimmed one bit. It's as bright as the day it came in the mail. I keep the little gray Arc in a small leather pouch with nail clippers, a small metal pill bottle, and a Leatherman "Squirt". Although surrounded by other metal objects, there is not one single mark on the Arc! It still looks brand new. My little Arc is SO great that I'm going to get one for a spare. I can easily see how you guys get sort of "addicted" to these neat little lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I'd like to ask other users just why my Arc doesn't have a scratch on it...indeed, it seems to have scratched the other metal items in the little pouch.

KR

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
great little light huh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

it is ha3, the toughest anodyzing in the world /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dtsoll

Enlightened
Yes indeed, they are the cats meow! I got tired of waiting for mine to go into moon mode and just let it run while browsing here at CPF. I wanted to see what moon mode was like and I didn't know if it would ever get there. It must have set an run for 2 hours+. My LE is by far my most used light. BTW I ended up getting two spares /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
Luminocity,
I just NOW put in an order for a "CPF" Arc. I just don't know how I've gotten by all this time without a couple of these great little lights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KR

Status
Not open for further replies.