Father's Day Special - $25

nksmfamjp

Newly Enlightened
Good morning! Please help me. I'm looking for the best flashlight deal available for purchase today for this Father's Day. I'm looking for:
- 1 x AA form factor
- CREE LED
- EDC FR pocket use
- Tail cap clicky . . .with good switch protection so it doesn't get clicked on in the pocket. Twist lock out protection would be good.
- Ideally it would be $25, but max price of $35.
- aluminum body for durability
- anti-roll shape would be nice, but not a must
- simple switch: No more than 3 -4 clicks. not programmable. would like a ~5 lumen low and about 80 - 200 lumens for high.
- beam type - spot - fill with not too bright or focused of a spot. fill is the key here.
- clip or lanyard
- no sharp edges. This is not a weapon!
- prefer to order online

Thanks for all your help.

Last edited:

kavvika

Enlightened
New, you're not going to find many, if any, quality single-AA lights other than the ShiningBeam Romisen RC-G2 Q5 II or Akoray K-106 for that price. However, the former only has one mode and the latter will take at least two weeks to arrive unless you order it fron in the states.

vali

Enlightened
New, you're not going to find many, if any, quality single-AA lights other than the ShiningBeam Romisen RC-G2 Q5 II or Akoray K-106 for that price. However, the former only has one mode and the latter will take at least two weeks to arrive unless you order it fron in the states.

... and is programmable (but I dont think somebody can activate it by accident).

nksmfamjp

Newly Enlightened
Looks like I'm going with the Fenix L1T V2.0 from the Fenix store or maybe a similar Lumapower.

Both are $45 and take 2 -3 weeks to get.

Hmm is there a better deal?

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like I'm going with the Fenix L1T V2.0 from the Fenix store or maybe a similar Lumapower.

Both are $45 and take 2 -3 weeks to get.

Hmm is there a better deal?

You get an 8% discount from Fenix-Store (4sevens) with the coupon code 'CPF8'. I'm in the UK and their shipping only takes about a week from the US.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
You posted on Tuesday and today is Wednesday.

Marduke told you about a better deal, but you said it wasn't what you're looking for. Now you're looking to buy just the light (the same light) for $5 more.

You don't say where you are located. If you are close to Atlanta, you would get the L1T v2 in 2-3 days from Fenix Store, or you can pay for faster shipping. I'd call them to make sure they have it in stock and ask if they can ship it immediately.

If my Costco still had them, I'd be happy to pick one up and send via Priority, but they sold out 2-3 weeks ago.

Good luck.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Thanks. That is not really what I'm looking for. Other ideas?

It should be... the L1T-V2 comes really close to most of those requirements. Someone posted earlier the Costco pack was down to $40 in some stores. The L1t-V2 has a great color tint and superb spot to flood beam transition. It does have a hot spot, but it floods out nicely beyond ~25 feet. Its the best XR-E beam quality light I own by far (not including the Zebralight). No joke, its completely artifact-free and my fave EDC until my 4yo daughter lost it. The click switch is very firm and even though it protrudes I personally have never had it turn on unintentionally.

IMHO the Blast multi-tool is worth that price alone.

Your Lumen output and simple 2-3 mode click operation requirements limit your choices. Most AA-NiMH designs only emit ~100-120 Lumens tops OTF. So spec'ing an 80 Lumen minimum, you are placing yourself at the upper end of what is currently available (IE higher $$$). No way youre going to get anything close to 200L, in that price range off a single NiMH.

I wouldn't trust DX quality for gift giving. I have had 3/5 DX lights arrive DOA or flickering. They are still a great value, but there is an element of risk for gift giving IMHO. Theres also the issue of slow shipping... but that discussion is for the marketplace.

Battery junction has some affordable Lumapower lights. shingingbeam also has some really good lights for not much$$. I would be more comfortable giving those as gifts over any DX offering. Of course fenix-store also sells the L1T-V2 for around $45.

But anyhoot good luck!!

Last edited:

nksmfamjp

Newly Enlightened
Now I get it. Should have bought the combo. I bought the Fenix light only from the Fenix store. Oh well, I got the light which is what we wanted!