Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The Quark lights thread!

And here're the pics posted by 4Sevens.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 2x123 light looks nice.
36_1_25.gif

I just don't know if I want the warm tint or the regular tint. Is the warm tint better? Someone should make a poll. :poke:

Mostly

Newly Enlightened
~ NonSenCe (from Part 1)

i only hope thats a typo on the price of two (7$) as 10pack is 19$.
Consider it a shipping and handling cost. Since 4Sevens doesn't charge shipping, there has to be a pricing curve to keep them from taking a hit on small, low cost items, in case someone wants to just keep buying two batteries at a time. I'd do the same thing if I were them.

I used to buy from CFR Lights if I only wanted a couple of batteries... but now CFR charges (modest) shipping too... probably because of people like me. :eek:

Buy the ten pack. :)

Getting mostly back on topic... I really like the sensible pricing scheme for Quarks. The equivalent tactical and the regular versions cost the same. I like it.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
are these batteries going to be "safe"? i dont want anything blowing off...

I am assuming these batts are made in china?

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
are these batteries going to be "safe"? i dont want anything blowing off...

I am assuming these batts are made in china?
They are as safe as any american made cell. They have a PTC unit on the top (which most china cells do not have). The PTC was a significant cost of the cell but we would never bring a cell to the USA without it.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
PTC = Positive Temperature Coefficient resistor
It's a disc of material that under normal conditions will conduct a lot of current. If the temperature rises too much it will greatly increase in resistance greatly reducing current flow.

If too much current is drawn from a cell with a PTC causing it to overheat the PTC will stop the cell going into thermal runaway and exploding/venting.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
Whoa, thats pretty high tech, are these used in any other CR123A or lithum AA( engerizer?)

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
All quality CR123A cells have a PTC for example Surefire, Panasonic, Duracell, Energizer and clearly 4Sevens :)

I'm not sure about Lithium AA's, I'd hope they do though.

wapkil

Enlightened
Here is one
These are the max and high modes for the Q123-2

Nice. Even very nice. Why do you underrate these lights in the specification? The high mode here runs almost twice longer than advertised (9h vs. 4.5h). I suspect similar situation for Med mode in QAA. I know that you plan to under-specify and over-deliver but isn't two times too much? :nana:

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice. Even very nice. Why do you underrate these lights in the specification? The high mode here runs almost twice longer than advertised (9h vs. 4.5h). I suspect similar situation for Med mode in QAA. I know that you plan to under-specify and over-deliver but isn't two times too much? :nana:
Yes it does seem a bit much. Two reasons
1) We're tired of the bs other manufacturers out there are putting out just to get an edge on others. We're following sf's pattern of underrating. This is how we want to start building our reputation :)
2) We have to accomodate for cheap underperforming batteries. Trust me there are some pretty bad stuff out there. We can always bump up our specs as reviews roll out. But never can we bump down specs.

gottawearshades

Enlightened
I'm interested in the regulation on a lithium AA.

If it's more like a Fenix than the Nitecore D10, I'd be very interested.

carrot

Flashaholic
I just got the passaround today and man are they great! I do not like the 123A as much as I thought I would... it is just "too small" even compared to my McLux, but both the AA and 123x2 lights are awesome! I will probably be ordering myself a 123x2 in the very near future!

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered both...a clipless 123 and a 1AA body, for the best of both worlds. :twothumbs

$20 for the extra body seems like a good price IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.