Olight m30- what batteries/charger

wirehair

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, Im looking at getting the m30 because of the amount of light it puts out and that I want more of a flood than a thrower. Is there anything better at the moment in this size. I am also conserned with what to run it on, I dont want to use the extender so was thinking of 2x 18500 batts. What is the best charger-batt combo with safty and run times in mind to use with this flashlight and where is the best outlet to get them. Keep in mind that when byeing from New Zealand I have to add 60% to the price advertized in USA. So I want to get it right the first time.
Thanks for your help.
Greg.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes thanks for the correction Ultrafire WF-139. 18500 fits fine in the M30 and is the most efficient battery's to use if you dont wanna use the extender. I have had no problem with safety with the Ultrafire battery's, AW usually is considered the safest or best battery's. Either way that Ultrafire charger will charge most lithium batterys.

JBorneu

Enlightened
The ultrafire WF-139 does NOT stop charging when the green light comes on, so you cannot let the cells sit in the charger when they're done charging. Get them out of the charger within 15 minutes after the green light comes on to be safe. If you leave your cells charging overnight in a WF-139 charger they will overcharge and explode. Leaving them in the charger an hour after charging finishes probably won't harm the cells, but don't take the risk, take the cells out within 15 minutes after the green light comes on.

easilyled

Flashaholic
The ultrafire WF-139 does NOT stop charging when the green light comes on, so you cannot let the cells sit in the charger when they're done charging. Get them out of the charger within 15 minutes after the green light comes on to be safe. If you leave your cells charging overnight in a WF-139 charger they will overcharge and explode. Leaving them in the charger an hour after charging finishes probably won't harm the cells, but don't take the risk, take the cells out within 15 minutes after the green light comes on.

Is this applicable when using protected cells like AW 18650 for example, which are protected against discharge and overcharging?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody make a charger I CAN leave unattended?

I can`t believe any one would sell a charger that keeps charging to the point of explosion. They must give all their profit to attorney`s.

mpkav

Newly Enlightened
I use 2 Aw 18500 batteries with the WF139 charger. Batteries are great, if you want to use the supplied extender you can use 2 18650 batteries. This really is a good light!!!

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast

How old is your charger? Newer versions doesn't trickle charge after green light.

travelinman

Enlightened

The WF-139 isn't a very consistent machine. Mine won't charge enough. :shrug: I can only get 4.06v into an RCR123 cell, and 4.16 into an 18650 even if I leave it in for 24 hours after the green light comes on.

Mind you, I left it in the bottom of a metal bucket to see what it would do after all the warnings on this forum. It just won't charge any more than stated above.