Liteflux LF2XT or Lumapower Avenger GX?

batman

Enlightened
Tough decision. Of course, get both is an option but I'd like to ask which one has the highest lumen output on high mode, assuming we're using primary cells? are either one of them as bright as the LD01/LOD CE on high? (primary cells)
How do you program the liteflux modes anyways? Will i need a computer?
Batman.

Last edited:

KuKu427

Enlightened
No you don't need a computer to program the LF2XT. You program it through the on/off button.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait... Ohno crap!

I think I put an older cell in... I'll be right back with fully charged nimh, and a luxmeter

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
the lf2xt easily beats the LD01 on high, using primaries.

Really? That's interesting....
It looks like Avenger will lose out then, since they've announced it's not going to be able to take Li-ion.

Incidentalist

Enlightened
The LF2XT is brighter than the LD01? Really? Mine isn't and I haven't seen anybody else reporting otherwise, especially using primary cells.

I have a thing for AAA lights, so I'll end up getting them both (already have the LF2XT). That said, I don't see the GX becoming my edc.

Right now, pocket duty is alternated between the LF2XT and the LD01. For a single AAA multi-mode light, these are my two favorites and I don't see anything on the horizen that will change that. Well, other than the AAA that Muyshondt blogged about. :sssh:

Also, don't forget about the new Horus Titan that will be coming out shortly. A Titanium multi-mode twisty AAA light. The specs haven't been revealed yet and I don't know if it will challenge for the brightest AAA, but it looks nice and I'll definitely be picking one up. :twothumbs

snailmeat

Newly Enlightened
Can the LF2XT be programmed to come on at MAX? I prefer something simpler, even the CUI seems complicated to me.

gunga

Flashaholic
You can program the LF2XT to be a single mode light only. It's a very versatile light

I would wait to see some reviews of the Avenger first. It seems like a great EDC that has a simple 3 mode interface.

I have an LF2XT. It's a very capable and sophisticated light. Might be too much for some though.

I see the value of a simpler, no-nonsense light as well.

Just buy both!

:D

HighLumens

Enlightened
Can the LF2XT be programmed to come on at MAX? I prefer something simpler, even the CUI seems complicated to me.
Yes, you can do that by turning the light on with a Click (1C) and then Push and Hold (PH) the switch: it will start dimming or increasing the output (sorry but I don't know what it's going to do first, I haven't received mine yet).

• If it starts increasing the output you just have to wait until it reaches full brightness and then release the switch;

• If it starts dimming you just have to release the switch and do PH again and it will start encreasing the output.
The new level of output will be automatically saved.
Anyway don' t be afraid of the programming options of the light. I just read them a couple (maybe more :sssh:) of times and now I know them quite well :whistle:.

Last edited:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Comparing the LF2XT to the LD01 in my ceiling bounce test, each running a 10440 Li-Ion:

LF2XT = 4.1 EV
LD01 = 4.9 EV

A difference of 1.0 EV represents a doubling (or halving) of measured light output. This is a very noticible difference.

I haven't compared them on primaries, because I rarely use them.

The LF2XT and LD01 and LD01 SS are my "go-to" really-small-lights... fantastic lights, both of them!

batman

Enlightened
The LF2XT is brighter than the LD01? Really? Mine isn't and I haven't seen anybody else reporting otherwise, especially using primary cells.

I have a thing for AAA lights, so I'll end up getting them both (already have the LF2XT). That said, I don't see the GX becoming my edc.

Right now, pocket duty is alternated between the LF2XT and the LD01. For a single AAA multi-mode light, these are my two favorites and I don't see anything on the horizen that will change that. Well, other than the AAA that Muyshondt blogged about. :sssh:

Also, don't forget about the new Horus Titan that will be coming out shortly. A Titanium multi-mode twisty AAA light. The specs haven't been revealed yet and I don't know if it will challenge for the brightest AAA, but it looks nice and I'll definitely be picking one up. :twothumbs

So your LD01 is brighter than the liteflux or are they both about equal in output? I thought the whole point of the LF2XT and Avenger GX was to be brighter & better than the LOD/LD01 lights...but now I see they're not. They're just different philosophy of use and UI, form factor,etc. :mecry:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aside from the fact that the LF2XT and the LD01 both run on the same cells, the lights are significantly different in many ways. I like the versatility and custom look of the LF2XT and also the simplicity and amazingly potent output of the LD01. Nice to have them both. I carry my LD01 Stainless model in my front jeans pocket daily. It doesn't get a lot of use. But it's potent, reliable, secure in the pocket. On the other hand, my LF2XT is on my desk where I spend a lot of time at all hours of the day and night and then goes to the bedroom at night... so it's getting played with all the time and gets much more use. I find myself holding it a lot just because it is so cool to look at and enjoyable to handle.

batman

Enlightened
Maybe this is a dumb question but do these "eneloop" or AW 10440 cells increase the brightness of the LF2XT over primary cells? Would running eneloops or AW10440s in this light make it brighter than the LOD/LD01 using primaries?

KuKu427

Enlightened
I can't speak for the Eneloopes but I can tell you Li Ion 10440 cells make that 2XT much brighter than alkalines.

batman

Enlightened
I can't speak for the Eneloopes but I can tell you Li Ion 10440 cells make that 2XT much brighter than alkalines.

hmm,...I plan on using rechargable 10440 cells only if the output is much better than energizer lithium primaries. Mainly because all the charger options for them seem shaky and unfortunate at best.,..dangerous at worst.:shakehead

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm,...I plan on using rechargable 10440 cells only if the output is much better than energizer lithium primaries. Mainly because all the charger options for them seem shaky and unfortunate at best.,..dangerous at worst.:shakehead

I have no issues with Ultrafire WF-139 so far.

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you use the light very much, go with the 10440 for sure. Much more economical and MUCH greater output!

These from my ceiling bounce tests. A difference of 1.0 EV represents a doubling/halving of measured light output:

Fenix LD01........XR-E Q5........10440 Li-Ion.............4.9

LiteFlux LF2XT....XP-E Q4 4C.....10440 Li-Ion............4.1

LiteFlux LF2XT....XP-E Q4 4C......AAA Eneloop...........3.2
LiteFlux LF2XT.....XP-E Q4 4C.....AAA L2 Lithium........3.2
Fenix LD01..........XR-E Q5.........AAA Eneloop............3.2