• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Ostar’s are back and meaner than before!!! X6

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ostar's are back and meaner than before!!! X6 second available!

Bad means good, you know?

Ostar lights are exciting. Mine is wife-tested and she won't give it back! It won't light a city but it'll really easily brighten my world. On low I use it to take out the trash, high pulverizes the night, and medium is general-purpose use. I don't want to blind my cat. Should you be hooked on brightness, you'll light up one-third of a block for an hour and a half.

Ostar? Yeah, it's different. I've made them before and I'm committed to them. Ostar's are the real thing. How often do you see one of my Super Flashlight V's or 15-3's sold? Not often- people keep them. After Ostar you'll probably retire all the other LED lights.

To keep prices down they are made at a contractor. It is an attempt to lower the cost of custom lights by using some off the shelf parts. The company, an old supplier to a major name, uses remaining parts like the ZFL shroud. I will have this removed and left blank. There will be a limit to my custom version but who knows how many they may crank out. This maybe the last due to high cost. It will be up to you to keep track of who owns which one.

Made by a contractor but not the usual stuff!!! I like my lights special.

SHORT, SWEET, & SIMPLE

This is a prepay for the X6 light. Don't be fooled- they are not the same ones the contractor may sell. Mine are better and rigorously inspected.

The package comes with light, battery pack, and of course you need the charger. You know the usual stuff, black hard anodizing, excellent aspheric glass, strap and key-chain holder…the works.

20 units will be offered on CPF. Each has my binned emitters and inspected to be top-grade. Did I say that before? Your entrance fee is ******* to arcmania (at) hotmail (dot)com They'll be in your hands in 4 – 6 weeks. LOL…after inspections and tests.

Questions? Ask away. The answer might not be instant as I'm networking with three countries, no, four, Germany too.

2ngvkms.jpg

2i2bqx3.jpg

18m3au.jpg

bjvir.jpg

33lp0ly.jpg

2a9uqn8.jpg

2pyouif.jpg

rs8kls.jpg

m8kzuo.jpg

2dk0kya.jpg

Payment received so far:

1. ivanchek - one set - shipped!
2. FILA BRAZILIA - one set - shipped!
3. 276 - one set plus spare battery - shipped!
4. fiftycalibre - one set - shipped!
5. makapuu - one set - shipped!
6. ZeissOEM2 - one set - shipped!
7. ehallspqr - one set - shipped!
8. daz - one set plus spare battery - shipped!
9. iconoclast - one set - shipped!
10. Arcel1t - one set plus spare battery - shipped!
11. Glenn7 - one set - shipped!
12. Shuter - one set + 2 spare batteries - shipped!
13. rusky - one set - shipped!
14. reptiles - one set - shipped!

ARC mania

Last edited:

ehallspqr

Newly Enlightened
Re: Ostar's are back and meaner then before!!! X6

Hello Arc M. In case you do number them I'll take #7. PP sent for $445 to your email. CPF ID: ehallspqr

Great light, can't wait. Thanks for making these available to CPF members!

openbolt1

Enlightened

Hi Mike,

help me out here. What voltage range will this light accept? I'm looking to use two AW Li-Ion 17670's or maybe 18650's if wide enough.

Thanks,

Gary

Last edited:

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast

The negitive and positive terminals are both on the top end of the battery pack - and the battery pack is 14.4V and the battery pack is 38mm x 172mm - you would have to watch the amps using lithiums and I would think you would void the waranty as well - I'm sure he used a NMiH for a good reason - but Mike will comment on this - BTW Mike is very busy of late and asked if I can help with this thread as I own one of these.

Last edited:

toby_pra

Flashaholic

Hi Mike! :D

Very nice....

Perhaps some specs or a link to the older X6 thread would be helpful. :tinfoil:

toby_pra

Flashaholic

Many thanks Metatron, but me on my own i know the specs. I thought it
might be useful for the other interested flashaholics...perhaps in the
first post. :wave:

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

ehallspqr: List updated.

openbolt1: As Glenn7 mentioned the terminals are on top rather than on both ends. This designed was used to protect the DC/DC converter from reverse polarity protection without affecting efficiency. As of lately some countries won't allow sending Lithium ions through the mail and one happens to be Japan. Please check your post office. It will be best to use the supplied NiMH battery as its a simple plug and play.

Litbobber: Its going to take a little time to get correct lux readings since all the prototypes have sold out. There is an example on the old thread to give you an idea of the lux reading. I couldn't get a reading in high at 2 meters as it was way too bright. I couldn't go outside that evening to stand further back from the lux meter as it was raining cats and dogs......... Plus I've got to call my friend over again who owns one of the prototypes to get the reading. He won't let me borrow it. He sleeps with the X6 and his wife couldn't even pry it out of his hands........ Will get back on this.

Glenn7 and toby_pra: Thank you for your help.

Here's the old thread: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/232068

ARC mania

ivanchek

Newly Enlightened
hey guys. what can you compare this torch to in regards to size. is it similar to a 4/5 D cell maglite?

fiftycalibre

Newly Enlightened
Re: Ostar's are back and meaner than before!!! X6

Paypal sent!

I'll take whichever number is next lowest :twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs

arcel1t

Newly Enlightened
A couple of questions before I jump on this boat.

How is the regulation on this light?
Is it regulated until cutoff ore is constantly dimming?
Are the runtimes based on calculation ore real life testing?

Thanks
Arcel1t

arcel1t

Newly Enlightened
I'l take number #10.
And a spare battery pack.
that's
520$:paypal:

Last edited:

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike has asked me if i could do a lux test as he is too busy - but I had to go to a wedding for a week interstate for the outlaws - oops I mean inlaws - so today I am going to try to find a light meter in the little town I am in - see how I will go.

Last edited:

fiftycalibre

Newly Enlightened
Re: Ostar's are back and meaner than before!!! X6

Hey Glenn,

Next time I go to Tassie, wanna lightsaber fight with our X6's?

I'll be getting a DEFT as well, so maybe a 1km lightsaber fight as well?